Will the i5 6500t be enough for the r9 fury nitro?

f8iscumming

Prominent
Jan 4, 2018
I currently have a i5 6500t and a GTX 760 and wanting to upgrade it to a r9 fury nitro, but do I need to upgrade my CPU as well if I don't want to bottleneck it, and what if I am using crossfire r9 nitros? I will be running overwatch csgo and fortnite at ultra to max/epic settings and 1080p with the new card I'm getting

Solution
The CPU will be a slight bottleneck, about 16% in most applications. As far as bottlenecks go, it isn't too bad. Running in Crossfire is out of the question though. The good news is that you should be able to run games on high settings, most likely max. The Fury is a good card, and matches up with modern cards like the GTX 1060 6GB (the Fury is actually about 10% faster). So I wouldn't go into it expecting really high levels of performance, but you should be able to max out most games at 1080p.

Yes, there will be some games (CSGO) where the CPU might held you back but that always happen one way or another.

The CPU will be a slight bottleneck, about 16% in most applications. As far as bottlenecks go, it isn't too bad. Running in Crossfire is out of the question though. The good news is that you should be able to run games on high settings, most likely max. The Fury is a good card, and matches up with modern cards like the GTX 1060 6GB (the Fury is actually about 10% faster). So I wouldn't go into it expecting really high levels of performance, but you should be able to max out most games at 1080p.

Solution