Will the Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8gb (2x4gb) DDR4-2400MHZ works on MSI mortar arctic H270?

Solution
Hi bonjovikimmayong :) It also depends on the CPU you are using and although they are compatible, it is worth noting the following for 6th and 7th gen processors.

1. DDR4 2133 MHz and higher memory modules will only run at maximum of DDR4 2133 MHz due to IntelR chipset limitation when using Skylake CPU.

2. DDR4 2400 MHz and higher memory modules will only run at maximum of DDR4 2400 MHz due to IntelR chipset limitation when using Kabylake CPU.

bonjovikimmayong

Prominent
Nov 13, 2017
YES!!!!! thank you! I have been searching all over for this 7 words answer and all i can find is more complicated explanation. Do i need to do anything after installing that son of a B*ch on my MOBO? will it automatically run on 2400mhz?

Hi bonjovikimmayong :) It also depends on the CPU you are using and although they are compatible, it is worth noting the following for 6th and 7th gen processors.

1. DDR4 2133 MHz and higher memory modules will only run at maximum of DDR4 2133 MHz due to IntelR chipset limitation when using Skylake CPU.

2. DDR4 2400 MHz and higher memory modules will only run at maximum of DDR4 2400 MHz due to IntelR chipset limitation when using Kabylake CPU.

Solution