Question Will The LG 25UM58-P Monitor Work With My Alienware Alpha?

Mar 29, 2019
Hi,
So I'm looking at getting this monitor for my Alienware Alpha R1. Right now I'm using an LCDTV at a resolution of 1360x768. I have some concerns about the monitor working with it. So it says the monitor is HDMI 2.0 and being that my Alpha is HDMI 1.4 and not 2.0 I was worried. A LG rep told me that just means that it's HDMI 2.0 capable and 1.4 will still work. Is this true? Second I've seen that some people have asked if their PC will be able to use the 21:9 ratio and the 2560 x 1080 resolution and were told to make sure their graphics card can support it. The Alpha has an Nvidia Geforce GTX 860m. I was also told by the rep that the monitor uses Plug in Play so it will read and adapt to the specs of the PC. By the way I saw that the product page for the 860m says that is supports 4K. So all in all will this Monitor work fine? I really want this monitor but at the same time I don't want to purchase something that won't work with my PC. Thanks a lot, and have a great day!

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
What LG representative told you about that monitor and your GPU is true. HDMI 2.0 monitor is backwards compatible with all previous HDMI versions, including your GPU's HDMI 1.4 output. Also, that ultrawide 1080p monitor does work with your GPU without issues.