Will the nvidia geforce gtx 970 fit

elbosoti

Commendable
Mar 7, 2016
i'm buying my first new graphics card, and I'm still wondering if it will fit into my pc (Do I have the right PCI for it, enough room) My pc is an Acer aspire tc-605, with nvidia geforce gt710 in it right now (and intel i5). I think i'll buy the card from Msi. not sure though. If you've got any suggestions about if it will fit/ what could I buy instead. It would be greatly appreciated

Solution

If you don't know where the PSU is in your PC, I'm not sure changing it would be something you'll want to do ;-)
But to answer your question, it is the silver box at the top of the PC.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
If this is your PC: http://www9.pcmag.com/media/images/457629-acer-aspire-atc-605-ub11.jpg?thumb=y
...the only way to know for sure will be to measure. Measure the distance from the rear expansion slot cover, along the PCIex16 slot, to the drive cage. Then you will have to check the specs of the particular GTX 970 you are considering. Lengths vary from model to model.

And keep in mind, the existing PSU that comes with the PC may not be big enough to run that card. A solid quality 500W with 2 x 6-pin connectors minimum is required.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

That refers to the width of the card. It will take up the space of two expansion slots. But the card only uses a single PCIe x16 slot.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

If you don't know where the PSU is in your PC, I'm not sure changing it would be something you'll want to do ;-)
But to answer your question, it is the silver box at the top of the PC.

Solution

Alex_202

Commendable
May 7, 2016
OP were you able to get this to work? I'm in the exact same boat. Same PC, same graphics card and I want to upgrade. Let me know if you've tried it and what issues you had.