[SOLVED] Will the output of my graphics card in performance/frames drop with gaming monitor?

MrEpix

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2014
I recently just built a new PC and the last bit I'm looking to include is a new monitor. My GPU currently only needs to support what is about a 18-19" monitor with a resolution of 1920x1080 at 60hz maximum. This monitor is by no means a gaming monitor and just about as basic as it gets. I am looking to upgrade to something closer to this; but I worry the ability of the graphics card to output may fall flat with the specs of the monitor. I am by no means an expert when it comes to monitors as I've never really cared, so this is an area I am completely lost in.

Is the overall stress put on the graphics card negligible, or does the larger screen size/hertz downgrade what the card can handle?

Solution
Only the resolution affects the GPU-Graphics proccesing unit.
Size lf the monitor,refresh rate (hz),response time (ms) DO NOT affect he gpu.
Hope that clears it up

MrEpix

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2014
the only thing that stresses the GPU is the resolution,size of the monitor,hertz,response time,none of that affects or has anything to do with graphics card.
What is the rest of your pc?

I don't understand your question. You said those items stress the GPU but none of that affects the graphics card, when I use those terms rather interchangeably.

Increasing resolution will hurt your FPS, that is all. A larger monitor makes no difference. A faster response time (in ms), just affects how quick the monitor shows the data, which makes no performance difference for FPS, but it good to have as low as possible for gameplay. The Refresh Rate, the Hz, will make a difference, but only in FPS you can see. With a 60 Hz monitor, simplified, you cannot see any FPS over 60. With that 165Hz monitor, you can see higher FPS, up to 165 FPS. It will not lower your FPS output of the computer, but you will be able to see a higher FPS on the monitor, if you can provide that higher FPS. If you cannot provide the higher FPS, nothing bad happens. There is no true downside to a high Hz monitor.

TLDR, That monitor will perform the same as your current one, maybe better, because the resolution is the same, but the other specs are most likely better.