[SOLVED] Will the parts work together ?

Nov 2, 2019
I have been planning a PC build for a while and I've finalized it at last. Here are the parts I am going for, are they going to work together ? PC building website warned me about my choice of motherboard saying that it may need to have its BIOS updated using an older CPU. But I am going to order from a site that builds the PC for you and runs tests before sending it, so would this be a problem ? Will I ever have to update after setting it up for the first time ? That is my main concern. And if it won't be a problem, will my choice of fan fit the case ? It looks like it'd fit to me. Thanks in advance!

Here are the specs :

Intel Core i5 9600K 3.70 Ghz 6 Cores 9MB 1151p v2 14nm
MSI B360M Gaming Plus 2666mhz(OC) M.2 1151p v2 mATX
Kingston 16GB(2x8) HyperX Fury 3200mhz CL16 DDR4 Ram
MSI GeForce RTX2060 Gaming Z 6GB GDDR6 192
Seagate 2TB Barracuda 256MB 7200rpm (ST2000DM008) Harddisk
Zalman Z3 Plus 600W USB 3.0 mATX/ATX Mid Tower
MSI Core Frozr S 120mm

Solution
Okay I more than understand now as it must be difficult to get exactly what you want in Turkey for the right price...As to an AIO watercooler a 240mm will more than do the job or a decent air cooler...

With the Zalman Z7 Neo you can easily fit the 240mm AIO from Cooler Master, the Masterliquid that you have linked above...That combination will be a good fit.

So just to be clear, these two will work well together:
https://www.sinerji.gen.tr/coolerma...0-mm-intel-amd-uyumlu-sivi-sogutucu-pmu415787

https://www.sinerji.gen.tr/zalman-z7-neo-600w-tempered-glass-rgb-usb-30-atx-mid-tower-kasa-pmu419208
That cooler is probably not a great choice. If you are going to go with an AIO it would be advisable to go with at least a 240mm model. 120/140mm models don't even offer as good of cooling as most 140mm air coolers.

That case, does not show ANY water cooling support, for any size of radiators including 120mm, on it's product specifications page.

Using the included power supply with that case, would be a bad idea. Those are universally poor quality power supplies, that come WITH cases. No case manufacturer is going to include a power supply worth more than five or ten dollars in the price of their case, and a ten dollar PSU is asking for all your hardware to be zapped or other problems. Get a decent PSU. A better case would be a good idea as well.

If possible, try to also include an SSD for the operating system to "live" on. Using a HDD for the OS in this day and age is like shooting yourself in the foot. If it's not possible, then HDD can work, but it's clearly not optimal.

Nov 2, 2019
That cooler is probably not a great choice. If you are going to go with an AIO it would be advisable to go with at least a 240mm model. 120/140mm models don't even offer as good of cooling as most 140mm air coolers.

That case, does not show ANY water cooling support, for any size of radiators including 120mm, on it's product specifications page.

Using the included power supply with that case, would be a bad idea. Those are universally poor quality power supplies, that come WITH cases. No case manufacturer is going to include a power supply worth more than five or ten dollars in the price of their case, and a ten dollar PSU is asking for all your hardware to be zapped or other problems. Get a decent PSU. A better case would be a good idea as well.

If possible, try to also include an SSD for the operating system to "live" on. Using a HDD for the OS in this day and age is like shooting yourself in the foot. If it's not possible, then HDD can work, but it's clearly not optimal.

Thanks for the reply! I am afraid I don't know much about cooling systems or cases, could you suggest a decent one and a good power supply that fit this system ? I will look into a bigger fan for the CPU, I keep reading that this one needs a decent cooler. I am currently not planning on any kind of OC or water cooling so temperature levels should be managable after getting those. Can't this system be managed without a water cooler ? If it crucial I may add it but I'd rather go with an air cooler if its going to perform good on the long term too. I am also planning buying an SSD later as my current budget won't allow it.

Last edited:

OllympianGamer

Honorable
Dec 22, 2016
I have been planning a PC build for a while and I've finalized it at last. Here are the parts I am going for, are they going to work together ? PC building website warned me about my choice of motherboard saying that it may need to have its BIOS updated using an older CPU. But I am going to order from a site that builds the PC for you and runs tests before sending it, so would this be a problem ? Will I ever have to update after setting it up for the first time ? That is my main concern. And if it won't be a problem, will my choice of fan fit the case ? It looks like it'd fit to me. Thanks in advance!

Here are the specs :

MSI Core Frozr S 120mm
That motherboard only supports up to 2666mhz ram so spending extra on 3200mhz dimms is a waste of money. And you might want to get an m.2 ssd or a regular sata ssd for a boot drive. I wouldn't waste a lot of money on cooling as you get to a point where the extra money would be better served either going up a tier with the gpu or cpu.

Reactions: Jason H.
Yes, if you want to run memory faster than 2666mhz, you need a Z390 motherboard. Either that, or you need to simply go with 2666mhz memory, unless you can get a faster memory kit for the same price as you can one that is 2666mhz.

For this platform and THAT CPU, I'd highly recommend a Z series board and faster memory even if you have no plans to overclock the CPU.

If a Z390 board, like the Z390 Pro4 which is a budget priced Z board, is out of the question, then I'd just get the slower memory but it's going to probably be noticeably slower. It won't "feel" like it is as snappy as with 3000mhz or higher sticks.

What country are you in?

Who are you having build this system, and are you limited to hardware that THEY sell, or are you just buying everything and then taking it to them for assembly?

What is your full budget for the entire build and what do you already have vs what do you still need to get?

That motherboard only supports up to 2666mhz ram so spending extra on 3200mhz dimms is a waste of money. And you might want to get an m.2 ssd or a regular sata ssd for a boot drive. I wouldn't waste a lot of money on cooling as you get to a point where the extra money would be better served either going up a tier with the gpu or cpu.

Fully agree here. Get a better mobo to support higher memory.

I wouldn't waste a lot of money on cooling as you get to a point where the extra money would be better served either going up a tier with the gpu or cpu.

Sorry man, that totally doesn't make any sense at all. Considering that there is insufficient cooling to begin with, which isn't acceptable and HAS to be addressed especially since that CPU does not come with a stock cooler, it makes no sense at all to say don't spend money on cooling, but then turn around and say get a GPU or CPU that are even HIGHER TDP than what you have outlined already. No.

If you can't cool the hardware you already have, moving up to higher TDP hardware is nonsense.

OllympianGamer

Honorable
Dec 22, 2016
Sorry man, that totally doesn't make any sense at all. Considering that there is insufficient cooling to begin with, which isn't acceptable and HAS to be addressed especially since that CPU does not come with a stock cooler, it makes no sense at all to say don't spend money on cooling, but then turn around and say get a GPU or CPU that are even HIGHER TDP than what you have outlined already. No.

If you can't cool the hardware you already have, moving up to higher TDP hardware is nonsense.
I probably could have worded myself better and been a bit more specific. All I meant was the original cooler he posted is £50 which sounds about right to me, there's plenty of decent air coolers for that price or less.

Yes, that I totally agree with. Much better coolers that could be had in that price range. The Thermalright Macho Rev.B or Rev.C come instantly to mind. Also the Scythe Mugen Rev.B. Or the slightly more expensive Noctua NH-U14S.

Going less expensive, the FSP Windale 6 or one of the 120mm Phanteks coolers might also be good choices. I'd probably stick to one of the first three I mentioned, which are all outstanding air coolers especially for less than fifty bucks.

Here are the specs :

MSI Core Frozr S 120mm

A couple of issues come to mind. One the motherboard choice for a K CPU, CPU cooler and the RAM. Aslo no NVMe SSD or SSD of any type. An SSD will make a huge difference in how your PC feels. It will be much faster and snappier with a SSD and is almost a must in this day...and they are not expensive.

Can you let us know where you are buying from and how much you are paying? I can understand that you are having this built for you as you want a system without any hassles of building/setup etc and of course a warranty but we may be able to help fine tune to get you the best value and still have it be a pre built fully setup system....

As to the case, it looks fairly standard and should have no issues for MSI Core Frozr to fit and it can take additional 120mm fans. As to updating once you receive your PC, provided the supplier is setting everything up for you including the Windows 10 installation then no...Make sure you ask them this..

Nov 2, 2019
I am from Turkey and yes, unfortunetely I will have use this one specific site to buy the components and have them assembled there. The prices here are ridiclous so you might understand why I am not willing to change most of these parts. As for the RAM, it is actually somehow cheaper than 2666 or lower ones, so I figured why not go with this eventhough the motherboard wont allow me to utilize it fully. Since I have absolutely no plans of upgrading later on or overclocking, I don't see the use of changing it. I will be getting a better case that supports water cooling and a new PSU, also I am looking at decent water coolers and will get one of these. Eventhough the price will rise up a bit, I believe it will be worth it after in the long run.
So in short, I will be replacing the case and PSU, get a watercooling on the CPU and go with this system. If we go back to my original question, will these parts work together at a lets say, 600W PSU and won't be too hard to set up after having it assembled ? I trust the assembly process by the way, I used this site before.
Thanks for all the answers.

Edit: I think I am limited in choices of case and PSU, since their prices are way over my budget. I have used the case I've named before for 4 years and had absolutely no problems. I think its own power supply is good enough to power the whole system and it comes with its fans pre-installed, unlike the other cases I've looked at. I will link a better version of it, this one can fit the 140mm water coolers too.
https://www.sinerji.gen.tr/zalman-z7-neo-600w-tempered-glass-rgb-usb-30-atx-mid-tower-kasa-pmu419208

Edit2: I can't find any 140mm watercoolers on that site, so I may have to go for a 120mm or the air cooler I've posted earlier. Unless this one fits the case I've specified just above ?
https://www.sinerji.gen.tr/coolerma...0-mm-intel-amd-uyumlu-sivi-sogutucu-pmu415787

Last edited:
Okay I more than understand now as it must be difficult to get exactly what you want in Turkey for the right price...As to an AIO watercooler a 240mm will more than do the job or a decent air cooler...

With the Zalman Z7 Neo you can easily fit the 240mm AIO from Cooler Master, the Masterliquid that you have linked above...That combination will be a good fit.

Reactions: Windbl0wn
Solution
Nov 2, 2019

Thank you for the answer! Indeed I can't get my hands on any components I want here, at least not without paying ridiclously high prices. So I will go with this final version and will either get the watercooler or the previously mentioned MSI aircooler.

Thank you all for your answers.

TRENDING THREADS