Will the PSU work well with this system?

MartinsEi

Commendable
Jan 4, 2017
Hi! So I'm planing to buy a EVGA SuperNOVA 650 P2 power supply and also a CPU cooler COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 EVO. I'm wondering if the new evga supernova 650 p2 psu will be good for my system, everything will run smoothly? And I'll be able to plug everything together and also if it all will fit in my case?

My current setup: i7 4770 3.40GHz
ASUS DUAL GTX 1070 O8G
Motherboard MSI H81M-P33
Case Aerocool PGS VS-3 Advance (2 case stock coolers)
PSU Chieftec 600A8 Smartseries
Monitor: BENQ XL2430T
Mouse: ZOWIE By BENQ FK1
TOSHIBA 500GB HDD
OS Windows 10

Solution
No. The P2 is a G2 with higher efficiency. These are based on Super Flower's Leadex series.
The G3 is based on Super Flower's new Leadex II series.

Any of these PSUs will be fine for your needs.
But when buying a new one why not get the best for the price, you're feeling me?

The G2/P2 is an excellent PSU
But the G3 is the best in terms of regulation & ripple (only behind the Seasonic Prime which costs double)

MartinsEi

Commendable
Jan 4, 2017

Isn't the P2 version kinda the same as the G3 in terms of performance? or G3 is better in some way?

No. The P2 is a G2 with higher efficiency. These are based on Super Flower's Leadex series.
The G3 is based on Super Flower's new Leadex II series.

Any of these PSUs will be fine for your needs.
But when buying a new one why not get the best for the price, you're feeling me?

The G2/P2 is an excellent PSU
But the G3 is the best in terms of regulation & ripple (only behind the Seasonic Prime which costs double)

Solution

MartinsEi

Commendable
Jan 4, 2017

Hahaa, ok :D So the G3 is better than the P2? Here in Latvia the 650 G3 version version costs a bit cheaper than the 650 P2. So I guess I'll go for the G3 if you say that it's better :) Big thanks for the advice!!!

MartinsEi

Commendable
Jan 4, 2017

But w8? If I'll want to get a HyperX savage SATA3 SSD.. I won't be able to use it, because I won't have the PSU which supports SATA3 or am I wrong? I've no clue about these things btw :D I just saw that P2 had the SATA3 port, but the G3 have only SATA1 and SATA2 port, but not SATA3 port.

MartinsEi

Commendable
Jan 4, 2017

And if I'll upgrade my case from the Aerocool PGS VS-3 it'll improve the cooling of the components? And I'm curious if it will fit in this case and will work just fine? The one I'm thinking to buy with the new PSU is the Fractal Design Define C Window case.
The concern is about the front USB 3.0 ports of the new case, I'll be able to use them, because it shows that Fractal Design Define C ATX Mid Tower Case has front panel USB 3.0 ports, but the MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard does not have onboard USB 3.0 headers, but some how my AeroCool PGS-VS3 Advance front usb 3.0 ports works?

TRENDING THREADS