Question Will the RTX 4080 fit in my case (need to know before purchase) ?

aachil

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2009
hi guys i want to get eiether an rtx 4080 founders edition or the msi ventus 3x and im just wondering can you guys help if these will fit in my case?

the case i have is the Zalman S5 mid tower

the dimensions of the case is 398(D) X 212(W) X 465(H)mm
the maximum supported GPU length is 340mm..

the dimensions of the rtx 4080 founders edition is 304 x 147 x 61mm

and finally the msi rtx 4080 ventus 3x is 322 x 136 x 63mm

thank you guys much appreciated

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
hi guys i want to get eiether an rtx 4080 founders edition or the msi ventus 3x and im just wondering can you guys help if these will fit in my case?

the case i have is the Zalman S5 mid tower

the dimensions of the case is 398(D) X 212(W) X 465(H)mm
the maximum supported GPU length is 340mm..

the dimensions of the rtx 4080 founders edition is 304 x 147 x 61mm

and finally the msi rtx 4080 ventus 3x is 322 x 136 x 63mm

thank you guys much appreciated
From your link.
Maximum VGA Length340mm

Lutfij

Titan
Even if that case will allow for either of the cards to drop in, I'd advise on getting a more wider chassis...since the one you've linked above seems to have choked off front panel ventilation(almost to the point where I can say there is no ventilation at the front of the case).

The Founders Edition card might fit with the vertical height it has though without proper airflow in that chassis, you're just cooking your components in there.

Reactions: Phaaze88

ilukey77

Reputable
Jan 30, 2021
100% on previous post!!
lian li o11 air mini would be a good case plenty of airflow ( does lack filters though )
Ive spent well over $1000 on cases looking for that perfect one ( i can literally count 8 cases in my room right now with only 4 pcs built ) as a rule of thumb airflow over the gpu so you want a wider chassis for these new GPU's with most of them standard 3.5 to 4 slot and even with the Nvidia reference you need room in there..
you really need cool air being blown over the gpu from some direction atleast..
mesh or mesh with filters is the best TG panels are pretty but mostly pretty useless unless you are going on the bigger side with lots of room or custom loops
AND for the love of god stay away from open air super cool mostly ( my thermal take core p3 curved TG case is hotter than a normal box chassis ) but sooo dusty
also a case i do swear by is the cooler master Nr 200p max but with the mesh side panel not the TG glass fitted i was using a 6900xt red devil itx b550i 5800x3d ( replaced the included 280mm rad with a nzxt 280mm) and it was super cool
the 6900xt was a easy 3 slot card but the AIB 4080s can be much longer and 3 to 4 slots so it might be a issue !!

A good looking case.
To answer your question, yes, either will fit.

The case can have 3 120mm front intakes and you should plan on installing all three.
Consider higher rpm fans to increase the airflow through the case to cool the motherboard and a good cpu air cooler.
The more fresh air that comes in the front will eventually exit the case, carrying component heat with it. I think the rear exhaust of the FE version can help.

If you are considering aio cooling, other considerations apply.