[SOLVED] Will the Ryzen 5 3600 and the EVGA RTX 2060 KO Gaming be able to run VR games like Half Life Alyx at 72 FPS?

Solution
Alyx is extremely optimized and runs very well on a variety of hardware. I have a Valve Index which has very high rez with a 5700XT and 3900X and consistently hit up to 90Hz+ frame times on default settings.

Other games like RecRoom are poorly optimized. No matter what you do, your system will struggle. (RecRoom is a definitely recommended along with beat saber. Best of all recroom is FREE!) Even on my system 120Hz will struggle and miss render targets causing reprojection to occur. While reprojection at 120Hz isn't near as offensive as 90Hz, you can still see it.
Alyx is extremely optimized and runs very well on a variety of hardware. I have a Valve Index which has very high rez with a 5700XT and 3900X and consistently hit up to 90Hz+ frame times on default settings.

Other games like RecRoom are poorly optimized. No matter what you do, your system will struggle. (RecRoom is a definitely recommended along with beat saber. Best of all recroom is FREE!) Even on my system 120Hz will struggle and miss render targets causing reprojection to occur. While reprojection at 120Hz isn't near as offensive as 90Hz, you can still see it.

Solution
Apr 30, 2020

What Vr System do you play on?

TRENDING THREADS