[SOLVED] Will The Ryzen 5 3600 paired with the RTX 2060 KO be able to run VR games like Half Life Alyx at 72FPS?

Solution
You may experience some frame drops to around 60 for alyx on high. For boneworks you might have a couple frame drops, but it'll for the most part be well above 72fps. Just don't use smoothing or super sampling.
Performance will always suck in the tower no matter the pc.

On a side note, your psu is complete trash and shouldn't be anywhere near a pc like yours. I suggest replacement asap.
You may experience some frame drops to around 60 for alyx on high. For boneworks you might have a couple frame drops, but it'll for the most part be well above 72fps. Just don't use smoothing or super sampling.

On a side note, your psu is complete trash and shouldn't be anywhere near a pc like yours. I suggest replacement asap.

Solution
Jul 15, 2020

ok thank you. would you recommend the EVGA 500BR PSU or the 600BR or just go for a different psu?

ok thank you. would you recommend the EVGA 500BR PSU or the 600BR or just go for a different psu?
No, there are no legit reviews on the br series, and considering the original price point of them, they're not a good match for a mid range system, that and they likely use inferior topologies.

There's no cheaping out on a quality psu, from what's available, the cx550 at a minimum. The seasonic focus is a top quality unit and only a little more. If you want to browse around, here is a list to cross check from(choose from tier A or B).

Reactions: Rdslw
Jul 15, 2020
No, there are no legit reviews on the br series, and considering the original price point of them, they're not a good match for a mid range system, that and they likely use inferior topologies.

There's no cheaping out on a quality psu, from what's available, the cx550 at a minimum. The seasonic focus is a top quality unit and only a little more. If you want to browse around, here is a list to cross check from(choose from tier A or B).
I'll get the cx550 then. Thank you so much.