will the touchscreen work after downgrading to win 7

k1114

Titan
The touch pack is just games and junk. It's useless. I doubt any touchscreen wouldn't work with the default windows drivers since xp. Touch gestures were added in since vista, though useless imo. The standard windows ui is just as easy with touch than a mouse unless you have fat fingers or possibly if you are very uncoordinated.

Yes, your touchscreen does not require Windows 8 to function correctly, however it may require you to install drivers for it to operate correctly. Most manufacturers have drivers for their computer equipment on their website, or at least, knowing the manufacturer of the screen, you may be able to find a generic driver to obtain the functionality you're looking for from the original supplier of the panel. On the other hand, if it doesn't need drivers, or there are generic ones built in to 7 that are recognized for your device, you won't even have to do anything to use it. :)

casper1973

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012
Yes Windows 7 fully supports touch so long as you install the touch-pack that RealBeast provided a link to.

It's not as smooth because Windows 7 wasn't really designed for touch... but it works.

k1114

Titan
The touch pack is just games and junk. It's useless. I doubt any touchscreen wouldn't work with the default windows drivers since xp. Touch gestures were added in since vista, though useless imo. The standard windows ui is just as easy with touch than a mouse unless you have fat fingers or possibly if you are very uncoordinated.

casper1973

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012
I guess I should have followed that link instead of assuming where it went >.>

I always though Flicks were installed as a separate update. Turns out they are a built in feature.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Guest610077 Windows 7 3

ASK THE COMMUNITY