[SOLVED] Will the upcoming RTX 3060 support X99p-SLI-CF

dushyant20b

Commendable
Feb 7, 2021
Hello Everyone,
Will the upcoming RTX 3060 graphic card support my mother board which is Gigabyte X99p-SLI-CF. I am planning to buy it, whenever its going to come out, so want to confirm if it will support my board or not.
Thank you!

Solution
3060 as every gpu that has come out at least in the last decade, uses PCIe to connect to a motherboard. So yes, since your motherboard has PCIe, it does fit.
As @Djoza said, the PSU is very important as well. Please post the make, model and age of your unit.
3060 as every gpu that has come out at least in the last decade, uses PCIe to connect to a motherboard. So yes, since your motherboard has PCIe, it does fit.
As @Djoza said, the PSU is very important as well. Please post the make, model and age of your unit.

Solution
As a generalized point, as long as you have a PCIe slot capable of fitting the card, a case large enough, and a power supply that can feed it enough power, you should be able to plug in any video card you want.

I've seen some exceptions, but I feel these are mostly a result of growing pains in the early years.