[SOLVED] Will the VS 550 power supply (by corsair) be able to handle these components ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

OrdJk

Reputable
Jul 26, 2019
CPU : ryzen 7 2700x
GPU : 2060 super (founders edition)

And if not , could you recommend a upgrade that would be the most minimum change so I don't need to spend a lot of money on a new psu

Solution
D
I would not use the VS series. Get a CX 550 2017 (not modular) at least.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Bron...dchild=1&keywords=Cx550&qid=1590202407&sr=8-3

Dude, please lol. That's brand new in Amazon. You can find them and the other pre-17 bubble labels all over the Indo-Asiatic markets as well as eBay in the States.

There's plenty of reviews about the Seasonic Core, the GX is a revamped Focus Plus, the GM is a revamped Focus, but I'm not sure exactly what the GC is. I'm sure there's a couple of fixes and tweaks, like putting the in-line caps actually inside the units instead of in the cables, but otherwise pretty much similar.

OrdJk

Reputable
Jul 26, 2019
https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Bron...dchild=1&keywords=Cx550&qid=1590202407&sr=8-3

Dude, please lol. That's brand new in Amazon. You can find them and the other pre-17 bubble labels all over the Indo-Asiatic markets as well as eBay in the States.

There's plenty of reviews about the Seasonic Core, the GX is a revamped Focus Plus, the GM is a revamped Focus, but I'm not sure exactly what the GC is. I'm sure there's a couple of fixes and tweaks, like putting the in-line caps actually inside the units instead of in the cables, but otherwise pretty much similar.
I'm from the UK , so that link doesn't work for me.

So that CX500M will be enough to power it ?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador

A CX 550w yes. I'd not use a CXM, it might be nicer to be modular, but the stuff inside isn't as good as the standard CX.

The pics are a psu that must be a 10 year old design (that's for sale right now at a seriously excessive price). When choosing the CX, make sure it's the black/silver unit, not the big Green/White lettering like above.

OrdJk

Reputable
Jul 26, 2019