[SOLVED] Will the Xeon E3-1220 Bottleneck RX 580 8GB a lot?

Jul 9, 2020
Hope y'all are doing well.

I got an offer where i can get a used RX 580 8GB in cheap price(110 USD). The only problem is my cpu. I have a 500 wt psu so that isn't an issue. I'll be upgrading my cpu to something like i5 3570 in a couple of months but till then I'll have the xeon e3 1220. I just wanna know if i'll be able to just comfortably get by till then? My aim isn't much. 60Hz gaming at 900p with medium-high settings. So will it work or should i just upgrade my cpu first? I just wanna know if the bottleneck will be THAT great or not. If it'll just be a little then i don't have a problem.

Solution
I've actually used an old quad core xeon a lot a few years ago, it really wasn't bad and still isn't in most games, i booted it up last year and it was still fine, mine was an x5470 overclocked to 3.6 (it didn't oc well with what parts i had) anyway, it would have been equal to yours in performance cause of that OC so I can tell you that it will be bottlenecked but not so much that games won't be playable, the rx 580 is the highest end card you can pair it up with in my opinion.
Jul 9, 2020
I've actually used an old quad core xeon a lot a few years ago, it really wasn't bad and still isn't in most games, i booted it up last year and it was still fine, mine was an x5470 overclocked to 3.6 (it didn't oc well with what parts i had) anyway, it would have been equal to yours in performance cause of that OC so I can tell you that it will be bottlenecked but not so much that games won't be playable, the rx 580 is the highest end card you can pair it up with in my opinion.

Solution
Jul 9, 2020
Sounds great, Thanks bud!

Reactions: hectic1

TRENDING THREADS