[SOLVED] Will there be a new Logitech Pro Series mouse in 2022?

hyuodfwegyu

Reputable
Oct 3, 2018
Hello! Recently I've been considering upgrading to the Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT, despite it being an expensive mouse. However, on Logitech's website under the Pro Series they have 3 mice listed (excluding the League of Legends Edition mouse) that individually were released around 2 years after their previous pro series mouse. Sorry if I missed any Pro Series mice, I simply went off of what Logitech had listed on their official website. My primary concern and the reason why I'm making this thread is that I don't want to purchase a very expensive mouse just to have Logitech release a newer version in a few months. I'm just curious about what everyone's opinion is. Do you think they'll release a new mouse this year or that I shouldn't get SUPERLIGHT mouse? If so, why? Thanks for any insight that you're able to provide, it's much appreciated, and I hope that you have a nice day!

Logitech G PRO Gaming Mouse- August 2016
Logitech G PRO Wireless Gaming Mouse- August 2018
Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT- December 2020

Solution
if you don't really need one yet, why not wait a few months and see if they do release a newer Pro mouse. Superlight being the latest of the 3, its possible they remake one of the older ones. I haven't looked to see if the sensors are the same in all 3, that would maybe tell you if there was a new one coming. If they all the same, its difficult to say,

I had a razer mouse once... then I swapped to Steelseries and haven't swapped back. But I don't need a light mouse.
I have a RIval 600, but they do offer lighter mice now - https://steelseries.com/gaming-mice/wireless

Colif

Win 11 Master
Do you need one? Do you have any of those already?

Generally if I need a new mouse I don't think about what is coming next, its more of a "what can I get now" but then my last mouse was 8 years old when I replaced it and I had to replace it as it was causing errors in windows. I used to buy a new mouse every year until I found one I liked.

Do you think they'll release a new mouse this year

Its possible based on previous record that they could release something in August, only as they have twice before. If the last 2 had come out in August it would have been easy. But since they also released on in December, its hard to say.

Not sure what it would be, perhaps a G Pro X Superlight wireless. That would appear to be only opening unless they make version 2's of something else.

seems its on sale now - https://www.pcgamer.com/the-logitec...rently-on-sale-with-a-rare-dollar40-discount/

hyuodfwegyu

Reputable
Oct 3, 2018
Do you need one? Do you have any of those already?

Generally if I need a new mouse I don't think about what is coming next, its more of a "what can I get now" but then my last mouse was 8 years old when I replaced it and I had to replace it as it was causing errors in windows. I used to buy a new mouse every year until I found one I liked.

Its possible based on previous record that they could release something in August, only as they have twice before. If the last 2 had come out in August it would have been easy. But since they also released on in December, its hard to say.

Not sure what it would be, perhaps a G Pro X Superlight wireless. That would appear to be only opening unless they make version 2's of something else.

seems its on sale now - https://www.pcgamer.com/the-logitec...rently-on-sale-with-a-rare-dollar40-discount/
Thanks for the insight! While I don't have any of the 4 mice mentioned above I technically still don't need it. My current mouse does work, however, my fingers have worn down the rubber sides and have created imprints. Additionally, one of the side buttons sometimes gets stuck. I originally upgraded to the Razer DeathAdder V2 Pro, but after 25-29 days of use (within the 30-day Amazon return policy) I still didn't like its shape and how it felt in my hand so I returned it. I found the SUPERLIGHT ideal as I found my original mouse a little small and my original replacement mouse a little big (the SUPERLIGHT is in-between). Additionally, the SUPERLIGHT is wireless, lightweight, and ambidextrous (I prefer the shape). However, due to its price tag I'm hesitant especially with the possibility of a newer and probably better model releasing this year or next month.

Colif

Win 11 Master
if you don't really need one yet, why not wait a few months and see if they do release a newer Pro mouse. Superlight being the latest of the 3, its possible they remake one of the older ones. I haven't looked to see if the sensors are the same in all 3, that would maybe tell you if there was a new one coming. If they all the same, its difficult to say,

I had a razer mouse once... then I swapped to Steelseries and haven't swapped back. But I don't need a light mouse.
I have a RIval 600, but they do offer lighter mice now - https://steelseries.com/gaming-mice/wireless

Solution

hyuodfwegyu

Reputable
Oct 3, 2018

Thanks for the fast response! I'll probably do what you recommended and wait a few months. Thanks for your insight, it's much appreciated, and I hope that you have a nice day!

TRENDING THREADS