Will there be an expansion?

What do you reckon?

If there was one I like to think it'd be downloadable content as opposed to
forking out another £30-40 and going through the whole palava of tracking
down a copy without waiting a month.

If there was an expansion, what areas do you think they'll cover? Northrend?
Not that I'm up on my Warcraft lore :)

I'd like to see the inclusion of another race. Underwater!!

--
Moif of Bloodhoof <The Suffering>
http://www.wowrankings.com/viewb.htm?id=27138

"charleh (moif)" <charleh@macburgerdonaldsking.com> wrote in message
> What do you reckon?

I reckon no. If we are paying for content and an expansion is content then
never. If they do they should mail us all one at our billing adress at no
additional charge.

> If there was one I like to think it'd be downloadable content as opposed
> forking out another £30-40 and going through the whole palava of tracking
> down a copy without waiting a month.
>
> If there was an expansion, what areas do you think they'll cover?
> Northrend?
> Not that I'm up on my Warcraft lore :)
>
> I'd like to see the inclusion of another race. Underwater!!
>

> --
> Moif of Bloodhoof <The Suffering>
> http://www.wowrankings.com/viewb.htm?id=27138

"charleh (moif)" <charleh@macburgerdonaldsking.com> wrote in message
> What do you reckon?
>
> If there was one I like to think it'd be downloadable content as opposed
> forking out another £30-40 and going through the whole palava of tracking
> down a copy without waiting a month.

There have been already a few free 'expansions'. I think Maraudon was added
shortly after release. Just recently they opened up Dire Maul. Soon
Battlegrounds will be added. I think they could go quite a ways further
like this (adding bits and pieces) before something big enough to pay for
would be required.

> There is going to be an expansion.... Blizzard has already stated
this.

That announcement on GamePro was later discounted by Blizzard.

Regards,
Noal

There is going to be an expansion.... Blizzard has already stated this.

Again------> "One Word-------NORTHREND"

Watch for an E3 Preview this year...

There is more evidence than that GamePro stuff....
And Blizz would discount it, they dont want to leak any info.

"nvrsbr" <abryant1@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> There is going to be an expansion.... Blizzard has already stated this.
>
> Again------> "One Word-------NORTHREND"
>
> Watch for an E3 Preview this year...

Well if they do it better be totally seperate for players and the xp players
should be charged $5 US more per month than us not playing it.

In article <By4ge.3998$cf5.3122@lakeread07>, skankyxwhore400@charter.net
says...

> "charleh (moif)" <charleh@macburgerdonaldsking.com> wrote in message
> > What do you reckon?
> >

> I reckon no. If we are paying for content and an expansion is content then
> never. If they do they should mail us all one at our billing adress at no
> additional charge.

You are delusion. Every commercial MMORPG ever released has released
over-the-counter expansions. They do this to: 1. Generate additional
revenue, 2. Generate additional press/buzz about the game, 3. To reclaim
shelf space in brick-and-morter stores.

--
Rob Berryhill

On Tue, 10 May 2005 09:09:48 -0700, Adam Russell wrote:

> There have been already a few free 'expansions'.

I see that differently. The was shipped incomplete. The manual talked about
the honour system that was added half a year after release. The
battlegrounds were also advertised as a feature, and they are still not
there. Many class quests are also still missing. All these additions are
just things that were missing in the release.

There's no doubt in my mind that there will be a for-pay expansion later
this year. Every and each comparable MMORPG has done that, and Blizzard
would be foola if they didn't release one. I'll buy it, too.

M.

Trooper

Distinguished
May 3, 2002

flame_thrower loved her ferret enough to say...

> "nvrsbr" <abryant1@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> > There is going to be an expansion.... Blizzard has already stated this.
> >
> > Again------> "One Word-------NORTHREND"
> >
> > Watch for an E3 Preview this year...
> >

> Well if they do it better be totally seperate for players and the xp players
> should be charged $5 US more per month than us not playing it.

I'm assuming you've never played another MMORPG before?
Every other comparable MMORPG has released an expansion pack at extra
expense, that has not changed the monthly cost for any players and is
integrated with the original game.

--
Trooper
usenet@trooperlooper.co.uk.invalid (remove the obvious)