Will there be any other PS4 special editions in the future?

anastasiu.andrei.paul

Commendable
Aug 16, 2018
Hi,

Not sure if I'm posting in the right section, but here it goes:

We are in 2019 and I still don't own a PS4 :|
I intend in buying one this year or the next one. But i would fancy a special edition. I just missed a brand new God of War PS4 PRO for about 400$ brand new, but it was the last one on stock and it vanished like hot cookies.
Now the Days of Play limited edition it's out and a PS4 slim 1TB at 300-ish $ it's a steal, at least in Europe where I live.
The question is: do you guys expect another special edition until the end of the life cycle? Maybe a Ghost of Tsushima Special edition (with Japanese symbols o_O).
My plan is until Spring next year to buy a PS4 (slim or pro) and i was wondering if it's best to wait a bit more.

Thanks,
Andi

anastasiu.andrei.paul

Commendable
Aug 16, 2018
Probably... they seem to make them every few months to sell with some game.

PS5 is coming, do you really want a PS4?
Well, I love several PS4 games and i would like to play them. I know that PS5 is backwards compatible, but why pay 600$ or more instead of paying 300.
I am perfectly aware that in the future there might be games on PS5 that i would like to play, but we'll wait and see. "Worst" case scenario, i will sell the PS4 and buy a PS5.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I have a PS4 but I haven't had it plugged in for a few years so I don't know what games are coming out in the next few months and as such, I don't know if they might have another special edition between now and release of PS5.

You might be better off asking on a playstation forum, I know Sony have them, pretty sure they would have an idea of any plans - https://community.playstation.com/

TRENDING THREADS