[SOLVED] Will these components work together ?

Nov 2, 2019
So I am planning to build a new PC and I've finally decided what to get, but I am not sure if they will work together or not. Will this CPU work fine or bottleneck the 2060 ? Also is 600W power supply enough for these or do I need more ? Here are the specs I am aiming for :

MSI GeForce RTX2060 Gaming Z 6GB GDDR6
Intel Core i5 9600 3.10 Ghz 6 Çekirdek 9MB 1151p v2 14nm
MSI B360M PRO-VDH 2666mhz(OC) M.2 1151p v2 mATX
Kingston 16GB 2666mhz CL19 DDR4 Ram
Seagate 2TB Barracuda 256MB 7200rpm (ST2000DM008) Harddisk
Zalman Z3 Plus 600W USB 3.0 mATX/ATX Mid Tower

Note: If this CPU works fine with 2060, does it come with a pre-installed fan or do I need to buy one for that too ?

Yep it will work more than fine as the 9600 will drive the 2060 well enough. As to the power supply, no issues though I have no idea how good Zalman are. I tend to stick with EVGA or Seasonic...

One thing I would factor in is a NVMe SSD or even just a plain old SSD as that will actually make a difference you will feel in a much snappier and responsive system.

Also I presume it is 2 x 8GB and not a single 16GB stick of RAM as if not you will be missing out on dual channel.

Yes the 9600 it does come with a air cooler but be warned they are not the best but as this is a non K CPU it should be fine though you might want to consider the 9400F as that should save you quiet a bit that can be put towards a SSD and it will still be close to the 9600.

Finally even though I use Intel, you might want to consider the Ryzen 2600 as it is at such a low price...

Reactions: Windbl0wn
Yep it will work more than fine as the 9600 will drive the 2060 well enough. As to the power supply, no issues though I have no idea how good Zalman are. I tend to stick with EVGA or Seasonic...

One thing I would factor in is a NVMe SSD or even just a plain old SSD as that will actually make a difference you will feel in a much snappier and responsive system.

Also I presume it is 2 x 8GB and not a single 16GB stick of RAM as if not you will be missing out on dual channel.

Yes the 9600 it does come with a air cooler but be warned they are not the best but as this is a non K CPU it should be fine though you might want to consider the 9400F as that should save you quiet a bit that can be put towards a SSD and it will still be close to the 9600.

Finally even though I use Intel, you might want to consider the Ryzen 2600 as it is at such a low price...

Nov 2, 2019

Thanks for the answer mate! I think I will go with 9600, and you say it comes with its own air cooler so it'll likely do fine for me, never had an overheating problem before. I consider buying an SSD after building the system. And yes, I am getting a 2x8 Ram. I've used Zalman before and it was pretty, never had a problem with it for 4 years. Thanks again for the quick answer :)

Reactions: vMax
Thanks for the answer mate! I think I will go with 9600, and you say it comes with its own air cooler so it'll likely do fine for me, never had an overheating problem before. I consider buying an SSD after building the system. And yes, I am getting a 2x8 Ram. I've used Zalman before and it was pretty, never had a problem with it for 4 years. Thanks again for the quick answer :)
No problems at all as happy to help.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS