[SOLVED] Will these parts work together?

ryelythompson

Prominent
Nov 22, 2017
I'm decently new to building PC's and I'm just making sure i didn't miss anything, i was thinking of building a PC with these parts: (it's mostly a mix of my old parts and new ones)

GTX 1060 3GB
8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400mhz
Ryzen 5 2600
Asus Prime A320M-K
Roswill Gaming S351BU313 ATX Mid Tower Challenger
Kingston 240GB SSD
Some random WD Blue 300gb hard drive
Thermaltake SMART ATX 600W powersupply

Solution
I heard the problems can be fixed with the a320 by updating the bios right?
i have a "budget" PC i built for my brother on christmas with a Ryzen 3 1200 i could probably update it with

also the ryzen 3600 atleast in Canada seems to cost double the price of the 2600 on Amazon

You are generally correct. In most cases a BIOS update will fix the problem and if you have a chip then that sounds good. However i would still suggest the extra $10 for a B350 motherboard to give yourself better compatibility with newer chips should you choose to upgrade. As for the price difference they have the same MSRP ($200US) however you are correct that it is easy to find a 2600 for cheaper due to the release of its replacement. I woudl always...
Yes in theory but in practice the compatibility of Ryzen 2000 series chips in the A320 platform is unreliable at best you would be better suited getting a new motherboard and while you are at it grabbing a Ryzen 3600 as the price is the same for a 20-30% performance jump. Besides that i would highly suggest getting faster RAM but this will indeed work

ryelythompson

Prominent
Nov 22, 2017
Yes in theory but in practice the compatibility of Ryzen 2000 series chips in the A320 platform is unreliable at best you would be better suited getting a new motherboard and while you are at it grabbing a Ryzen 3600 as the price is the same for a 20-30% performance jump. Besides that i would highly suggest getting faster RAM but this will indeed work

i have a "budget" PC i built for my brother on christmas with a Ryzen 3 1200 i could probably update it with

also the ryzen 3600 atleast in Canada seems to cost double the price of the 2600 on Amazon

You are generally correct. In most cases a BIOS update will fix the problem and if you have a chip then that sounds good. However i would still suggest the extra $10 for a B350 motherboard to give yourself better compatibility with newer chips should you choose to upgrade. As for the price difference they have the same MSRP ($200US) however you are correct that it is easy to find a 2600 for cheaper due to the release of its replacement. I woudl always suggest going new but if the cost does not work for you (especially in canada electronics prices are odd there) then by all means go for the cheaper option and have the extra budget for later

Reactions: ryelythompson
Solution

ryelythompson

Prominent
Nov 22, 2017
You are generally correct. In most cases a BIOS update will fix the problem and if you have a chip then that sounds good. However i would still suggest the extra $10 for a B350 motherboard to give yourself better compatibility with newer chips should you choose to upgrade. As for the price difference they have the same MSRP ($200US) however you are correct that it is easy to find a 2600 for cheaper due to the release of its replacement. I woudl always suggest going new but if the cost does not work for you (especially in canada electronics prices are odd there) then by all means go for the cheaper option and have the extra budget for later

thanks for the help, got my pc up and running perfectly, didn't even need a bios update as it had"ryzen 2000 ready" on the box and came already updated

(tried to post a picture but tomshardware keeps saying it's spam)