Will These Pc Parts Be Compatible?

Willooo103

Commendable
Nov 4, 2016
Hi,
Im looking to make a new custom gaming pc (my first actually) but i do know how to to build pc's and what parts i need to get. The only thing i need to know is if my parts are compatible.

These are my parts

Cpu: Intel i7 6700k (read below for the questions about this and the fan)
Cpu Fan: Cooler Master Hyper 212X
Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming PRO Carbon LGA 1151 ATX
Gpu: GigaByte GeForce GTX 1060 WINDFORCE 6GB
Psu: Thermaltake TR2 S 650W 80PLUS ATX Power Supply
case: NZXT Source S340 Mid-Tower Case
Ram: Corsair Vengeance White LED 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 3000MHz
Lights: Deepcool RGB 350 Colour LED Strip Magnetic Lighting Kit With Remote

If you need links i can give them but im getting everything from mwave because i am from aus :)

Also about the Cpu and cpu cooler. I know the i7 6700k doesn't come with a fan/heat sink but will the fan i am getting be compatible and does it include a heat sink. Also is there anything i need to do to make it work like thermal adhesives because i do not know and this is one of the more important parts about my question.

Also if there any any part upgrades or things i should get please let me know as long as the upgrades are less or around 100 dollars since if i need to i will buy them.

Thanks

Solution
Yeap, the Hyper 212X is compatible with the motherboard and the CPU socket. On taht note, the CoolerMaster Hyper 212x is a CPU cooler and not a fan essentially speaking ;)

TIM will be included in the CPU cooler's package, you'll be good to go out of the box.

You forgot to mention your boot/storage drive. If you don't already have one, get an SSD of at least 256GB which will house your apps and installed games. If you need to house your game library you're going to need a large mechanical HDD.

The rest of the parts look fine and your build should look stellar!

Lutfij

Titan
Yeap, the Hyper 212X is compatible with the motherboard and the CPU socket. On taht note, the CoolerMaster Hyper 212x is a CPU cooler and not a fan essentially speaking ;)

TIM will be included in the CPU cooler's package, you'll be good to go out of the box.

You forgot to mention your boot/storage drive. If you don't already have one, get an SSD of at least 256GB which will house your apps and installed games. If you need to house your game library you're going to need a large mechanical HDD.

The rest of the parts look fine and your build should look stellar!

Solution

Willooo103

Commendable
Nov 4, 2016

Hey
Thanks for the answer
Yea i forgot about saying i already had an ssd and harddrive.
Also just wondering what is TIM because you said it will be included

Lutfij

Titan
TIM=Thermal Interface Material.

Thank you for awarding my post as the Best Answer but I think that was a little premature..? If you're working with an older SSD, you need to make sure you've backed up all critical content on it and proceed to format and reinstall your OS fresh.

willlane

Prominent
Apr 24, 2017
Not Sure if the 3000mhz RAM is compatible with the 6700k as building with the same CPU so I would check Intel because on their website it says 1883mhz I'm pretty sure and 2133mhz but would recommend 2400mhz