[SOLVED] Will these two RAMs work together?

Porogami

Reputable
Apr 1, 2017
Hello there. I'm not very smart about computers but I'll have to upgrade my computer because the job I applied for requires a system that has 16GB RAM. However, my computer only has 8GB RAM at the moment. So, I'm looking for an upgrade. But I'm not sure if it's compatible with my setup.

My setup is:
Motherboard: MSI H110M Pro LGA 1151
Processor: Intel Pentium G4560 @ 3.50ghz
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
RAM: I'm not sure what exact brand my current RAM is so I took off my case and took a picture. There's a text that says
BLS8G4D240FSB.16FARG
LEAD-FREE w/XMP US
2400MHz 16 - 16 - 16 - 39 - 1.2V

But when I checked it on my bios and windows tab, it says that I have 8GB of RAM that is DDR4 and currently running @ 2400MHz speed. So, I looked at my local online store if there is an 8GB RAM stick that will match the speed and the volts of the ram that I currently have in my setup. I found this HyperX Fury 8GB RAM. It says in the description that it's also a DDR4 type that runs @ 2400mhz that also requires 1.2V very precisely similar to the RAM that I currently have in my computer.

So, my question is, will this work with my setup? Or will it cause some incompatibility issues? They're both plug & play RAM anyways but I don't wanna run into any issues. I'm sorry but I'm very tight on budget right now because of the pandemic. So, I'm making sure I can at least buy this one without wasting money.

Solution
you might have issue on compatibility and boot your best option would be got get a dual kit that work with your board and sell the old ram .
Jan 18, 2021
To some extent yo may run into issues. You need to have same company too. As your one was BLS8G4D240FSB.16FARG which is a Crucial manufacturer. I suggest you to get the same one as Crucial or you can remove the Crucial one and get another Hyper X and insert both of the. 3 months ago i bought 4 gb ddr3 ram for my old computer so its still working. For ram you just need to have same manufacturer, frequency, memory, type and power usage.

Porogami

Reputable
Apr 1, 2017
your ram is cas 16 and the other is cas 15 check this link for same ram as your https://www.newegg.com/ballistix-8gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820148983 also mixing ram not realy good .

Thanks for your input. What do you think will be the issues I'll run to? Because I also asked several personal friends of mine, and they said it will be fine because the motherboard will automatically downclock the higher-speed RAM to match the other one. I'm from the Philippines and my work will start soon so I'm on a rush to buy my RAM. Thanks mate, cheers.