Will these work together?

kevin brant

Reputable
Jun 3, 2014
I have a MSI MS-7309 motherboard, AMD Athlon II X4 620 4 core processor, 4 gb of ram, and a gtx 550 ti graphics card i bought a couple of years ago.

I was thinking of upgrading something that isnt too expensive so I looked around and decided on either getting a gtx 770 or gtx 750 ti... I know nearly nothing about hardware so i was wondering if i should upgrade my graphics card, processor, or motherboard?

Solution
no such thing as too powerful, cards pretty much work with current boards, but like i said just do research on what you need to know. $235 for a 770 is a steal considering it's $300+. It might bottleneck with the athlon 2 but i'm not sure, it takes a lot to bottleneck. considering the price of your processor though i'd just buy a 750 ti and save up your money to upgrade your other parts over time. make sure your power supply is good enough for a 750 ti also, it has an extremely low power requirement but you never know

baraduke

Reputable
May 6, 2014
there is an extreme difference in price between the 750 ti and a 770, just do some research for your budget, along with socket types for processors and boards, you'll find what you need

kevin brant

Reputable
Jun 3, 2014
Well my local computer shop ordered a 770 for a customer but they never got it so the person told me I could buy it for $235 which includes the store installing it for me. I was just concerned that the 770 would be too powerful for my current build

baraduke

Reputable
May 6, 2014
no such thing as too powerful, cards pretty much work with current boards, but like i said just do research on what you need to know. $235 for a 770 is a steal considering it's $300+. It might bottleneck with the athlon 2 but i'm not sure, it takes a lot to bottleneck. considering the price of your processor though i'd just buy a 750 ti and save up your money to upgrade your other parts over time. make sure your power supply is good enough for a 750 ti also, it has an extremely low power requirement but you never know

Solution

TRENDING THREADS