[SOLVED] Will this 500 Watts run 5700 XT

Jun 26, 2020
I got a Seasonic Focus SGX 500 watts 80+ Gold and I was wondering if it would be able to run RX 5700 XT Graphics card

Solution
Offcial amd page says that 600W is minimum. Though Seasonic is mark with good value, as well as psu itself (80+ gold), I wouldn't risk it, maybe do so, if your cpu isn't too thirsty for watts. Bare in mind, that this GPU itself can suck up to 310W of power (without oc) - in case, where we want to use no more than 80% of nominal psu power (this is range, where it's most efficient, generally speaking, and most everlasting), you are left with just 90W to anything else in Your pc.

RBuczynski

Reputable
Apr 4, 2016
Offcial amd page says that 600W is minimum. Though Seasonic is mark with good value, as well as psu itself (80+ gold), I wouldn't risk it, maybe do so, if your cpu isn't too thirsty for watts. Bare in mind, that this GPU itself can suck up to 310W of power (without oc) - in case, where we want to use no more than 80% of nominal psu power (this is range, where it's most efficient, generally speaking, and most everlasting), you are left with just 90W to anything else in Your pc.

Solution
No it will not, you're gonna need a higher wattage PSU to run that GPU.
Even if it barely met the requirements, this GPU is known to pull more than what it's rated for so that could also cause PSU failure and fry all your other components.
I've answered the same question many times, you need a good quality 600W+ PSU, anything below is iffy and I would warn against it.

DSzymborski

Titan
My Specs are
R5 3600X -StockCooler
2*8g of ram, G.Skill Trident
6x 120MM fans
1*30LEDs Strip
1Hdd 5400 one
1SSD SU650

can i use the 5700 XT on a CM 550MWE?

Hard to say without knowing exactly which Cooler Master 550 MWE you have. There are a number of them. The Gold-rated one is a real 550W PSU, though not top tier and I'd be mildly uneasy and would avoid overclocking.

The non-Gold ones are of much lower quality and an easy no. The bottom ones (with the basic 80 Plus Standard, which is a white badge), are legitimately unpleasant PSUs that I'd avoid anyway.