• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Will this affect my GPU in any way?

Jul 6, 2020
Hey Guys,
while reapplying thermal paste after buying a used RX570, I noticed that the seller had put an insane amount of thermal paste which caused overflowing everywhere, even on the tiny components. I did my best job to clean it off however I could not clean it off the components very well. I have attached a picture and would appreciate if you could let me know if having some thermal paste on the tiny components would do any damage.

Furzumz

Proper
May 28, 2020
I'm no expert on this so take what I say with a grain of salt but most pastes on the market are intentionally designed to not be electrically conductive for these exact reasons

I've put too much paste on my 1060 before and it got onto the metal squares (what ever they are) and it was just fine.

Heck, its not unheard of for GPU's to come out of the factory with thermal paste that looks something like this:

Have you used the GPU with the thermal paste the seller put on there? If you did and it hasn't given you problems then it should be fine.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS