[SOLVED] Will this affect my GPU in any way?

Jul 6, 2020
Hey Guys,
while reapplying thermal paste after buying a used RX570, I noticed that the seller had put an insane amount of thermal paste which caused overflowing everywhere, even on the tiny components. I did my best job to clean it off however I could not clean it off the components very well. I have attached a picture and would appreciate if you could let me know if having some thermal paste on the tiny components would do any damage.
po8lSBMJj

Solution
I'm no expert on this so take what I say with a grain of salt but most pastes on the market are intentionally designed to not be electrically conductive for these exact reasons

I've put too much paste on my 1060 before and it got onto the metal squares (what ever they are) and it was just fine.

Heck, its not unheard of for GPU's to come out of the factory with thermal paste that looks something like this:

uCAzbcW.jpg

Have you used the GPU with the thermal paste the seller put on there? If you did and it hasn't given you problems then it should be fine.

Furzumz

Reputable
I'm no expert on this so take what I say with a grain of salt but most pastes on the market are intentionally designed to not be electrically conductive for these exact reasons

I've put too much paste on my 1060 before and it got onto the metal squares (what ever they are) and it was just fine.

Heck, its not unheard of for GPU's to come out of the factory with thermal paste that looks something like this:

uCAzbcW.jpg

Have you used the GPU with the thermal paste the seller put on there? If you did and it hasn't given you problems then it should be fine.

Solution