WIll this assembly give any problems?

RushD

Reputable
Apr 21, 2014
I have gathered an assembly for a mid range gaming PC.
Components are as follows:
CPU: AMD FX-8320
MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE 970A-DS3P
RAM: 8GB DDR3 CORSAIR VENGEANCE
GPU: SAPPHIRE AMD/ATI RADEON R9 270
CASE: COOLER MASTERE ELITE 371
PSU: CORSAIR VS550 550 Watt PSU
HDD: 1TB SEAGATE HARD DISK

Will this assembly give any problems(such as no-boot, bsod,etc.) or any other compatibility issues? Please help in clarifying my doubts. I really need to know beforehand.
PS: I do not plan to overclock the CPU or GPU.
Thank you.

RushD

Reputable
Apr 21, 2014

Well if that's the case I'd rather get it assembled from a professional to be on the safe side. Thanks!

RushD

Reputable
Apr 21, 2014

Well if that's the case I'd rather get it assembled from a professional to be on the safe side. Thanks!

G

firstly, i would go for a western digital hdd because they are much better in performance and reliability as compared to seagate...looking at your budget, i recommend the western digital cavair blue...
if you can spend a little extra money, i heavily recommend getting the i5 4670...you can a cheap socket 1150 mobo with it...the little extra expenditure is worth the performance you will get in return...
PS: you do not need to get a professional to assemble your PC...it is veeeeery easy...

RushD

Reputable
Apr 21, 2014

I'll take your advice on the WD HDD. As far as the CPU goes, there is quite a price gap between the two processors and it kinda tips out of my maximum budget. Nevertheless I'll see if i can squeeze it in somehow.
And yeah I'll try assembling it on my own at first.
Thanks anyway! :)

G

squeeze it in somehow....trust me, its worth it...if money is the concern, then also squeeze it in...because a 8320 will give you much higher electricity bills than the 4670...

RushD

Reputable
Apr 21, 2014

In that case can you please recommend a good motherboard that will fit the above specs(with the i5 and r9 270 primarily)?

G

gigabyte b85m d3h is nice...if you can increase your budget, you can get a h87 gaming mobo by msi...

RushD

Reputable
Apr 21, 2014

Okay.. I'll set about preparing a new list then... thanks for the tips!

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
My personal opinion is that the seagate hdd is fine when cheaper.
I'm more worried about the choice of psu,it's the worst series of corsair right now.try to get a better one in.
I also think that the amd fx will not bottleneck that gpu,so see no point in going for a more expensive cpu if you don't have the money for that.If you do have the money for it and are not concerned with overclocking would i also advice an intel i5.

RushD

Reputable
Apr 21, 2014

What do you say to an XFX psu? Is it good? If i don't change the processor and HDD I can get the XFX one.

RushD

Reputable
Apr 21, 2014

For some reason I can't get an XFX psu nearby.. so how about this?:
Cooler Master Thunder 500W 500 Watts PSU

G

dont get cooler master psu...i have had horrible experiences with it..get the corsair cx builder series psu..they work just fine for average users...