[SOLVED] Will this be enough cooling for my (future) specs?

Feb 10, 2021
Hey,

I am planning on building/upgrading my PC.
I want to build my system inside a Cooler Master NR200P.
I have planned to watercool the system with PETG Tubes, but i am not sure if it will be enough to cool my config (in the future..)
Due to the current GPU stock i decided to use my old 1070Ti for this project. The only block i could find for the 1070ti (that is in stock) is this one from Bykski. I have never heard of Bykski but thought i'd give it i shot, i hope it works out...
My CPU of Choice would be the i7-10700k on the AsRock Z490M MBD. (if the cooling is good enough i could get the i9 10900k instead)

I have a Carsair Hydro X Series XC7 CPU block laying around that i'm planning to use.
I have the EKWB EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 200 as pump/res in mind. The Hydro X Series XR5 would be the Rad and these Silent Wings 3s would go on top if it.

Now to the Question(s):
Would this watercooling setup be enough to cool my planned Config?
Would this cooling setup be enough to cool something like an i7 10700k (or even i9 10900k) with a 3080?

Is there anything you would change (if you would plan on watercooling with these specs in mind)?

I know its stupid to spend so much money on Cooling with these specs, but i honestly don't care about that. It is all about the sake of building it...

Thank you in advance.

Solution
Thank you for your quick Reply. I will not to upgrade to a 3080 in this case..

Do you think this cooling config would work with a i7 10700k and a 1070ti hooked up in the same loop?

If you don't overclock the i7-10700K (but then what other reason to buy an overclockable CPU right?) , then the 240mm rad for the CPU and GPU will be barely manageable. You will have OK temps at idle, but anything with load on the CPU and GPU, your radiator fans will spin at their maximum RPM to try to cool your components. If you really want to liquid cool both the CPU and GPU, I would honestly look at a bigger case and possibly two 280mm or 360mm radiators for optimal custom liquid cooling.

Cem Goker

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2013
First of all, the NR200P is a Mini-ITX case so you can only use Mini-ITX motherboard form factor.

You can have a look at the specifications here: https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/cases/mini-itx/masterbox-nr200p/

As for the custom liquid cooling, it will most likely work but do keep in mind that it might be a tight fit depending on the tubing. As for the cooling capability, I believe it won't be enough to cool with only a single 240mm radiator - the i9-10900K alone is a very hot CPU especially when overclocked. I would highly recommend you only cool either the CPU or the GPU, but personally I would cool the CPU. A 240mm radiator can only cool so much, as the i9 has 125W PL1 and 250W PL2 state (can go even higher if you know what you are doing) and the RTX 3080 has from 320-470+ W(not exactly sure about the max TDP). So as you can see, trying to cool 445-700W TDP on a 240mm radiator is asking too much cooling-wise.

Feb 10, 2021
First of all, the NR200P is a Mini-ITX case so you can only use Mini-ITX motherboard form factor.

You can have a look at the specifications here: https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/cases/mini-itx/masterbox-nr200p/

As for the custom liquid cooling, it will most likely work but do keep in mind that it might be a tight fit depending on the tubing. As for the cooling capability, I believe it won't be enough to cool with only a single 240mm radiator - the i9-10900K alone is a very hot CPU especially when overclocked. I would highly recommend you only cool either the CPU or the GPU, but personally I would cool the CPU. A 240mm radiator can only cool so much, as the i9 has 125W PL1 and 250W PL2 state (can go even higher if you know what you are doing) and the RTX 3080 has from 320-470+ W(not exactly sure about the max TDP). So as you can see, trying to cool 445-700W TDP on a 240mm radiator is asking too much cooling-wise.

Do you think this cooling config would work with a i7 10700k and a 1070ti hooked up in the same loop?

Cem Goker

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2013

If you don't overclock the i7-10700K (but then what other reason to buy an overclockable CPU right?) , then the 240mm rad for the CPU and GPU will be barely manageable. You will have OK temps at idle, but anything with load on the CPU and GPU, your radiator fans will spin at their maximum RPM to try to cool your components. If you really want to liquid cool both the CPU and GPU, I would honestly look at a bigger case and possibly two 280mm or 360mm radiators for optimal custom liquid cooling.

Solution
Feb 10, 2021
I will look for another case then. Thank you for the help.

Reactions: Cem Goker