will this be enough for heavy gaming and video rendering?

azkarthur

Honorable
Jan 19, 2014
Processor : Intel Core i7 4770
Mainboard: ASRock B85 KILLER
Hardisk : seagata 1TB sata3
Memory (Ram) : Team Elite DDR3 PC12800 1600Mhz Dual Channel 8GB (2X4GB)
DVD : RW 22X
Graphic (VGA) : geforce gtx 770
Casing : Cooler Master K282 GAMING CHASSIS SIDE WINDOW
power supply: 550w superflower
ssd: Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120GB

not planning to over clock (since i dont know what it is, how to do it, and i heard it can damage the components)
the games i will be playing are battlefield 4, bunch of new games from steam too, and a few dayz and rust. a little game like amnesia too, just for nostalgia lol

i'll be playing while recording, and then editing through vegas pro, and then uploading it to youtube.
while waiting for it to be done (the upload to youtube), i will be running photoshop to make thumbnails for youtube, ORRR maybe play some more while recording again :p

hahaha i dont know if this will be enough, so i need your help guys!what do you think? thank you!
btw, loving the forum here. so helpful :D

Solution
b87 is for buisnuess so you can take advantage of intel small buisness advantage.z87 if focused for consumers more sata 3 ports and overclocking.you can get better ram the clockspeed is not everything when looking for ram although it is something to consider lower clock latency cl with high clock speed is what you want kingston has lifetime waranty on there hyperx blu series with cl9 and 1600 mhz all the othercomponents look good psu is ok but i whould recomend better if possible.

azkarthur

Honorable
Jan 19, 2014

so you dont think this will run bf4 well? maybe i'll change the mobo then. but I'm still not sure because its over my budget already ._.
i dont quite understand what you meant with the memory though. what else do you think is not good in this build?

JOHNN93

Honorable
b87 is for buisnuess so you can take advantage of intel small buisness advantage.z87 if focused for consumers more sata 3 ports and overclocking.you can get better ram the clockspeed is not everything when looking for ram although it is something to consider lower clock latency cl with high clock speed is what you want kingston has lifetime waranty on there hyperx blu series with cl9 and 1600 mhz all the othercomponents look good psu is ok but i whould recomend better if possible.

Solution

azkarthur

Honorable
Jan 19, 2014

sorry but i can't understand you that much since you dont use any comma or full stop --" but from what you said, i just wanna say that i dont pal on over clocking since i dont know what it is, how to do it, and i heard it is dangerous.
what better ram would you recommend?
btw about the motherboard, i thought that those things won't have any effect on gaming?

MalakiArtook

Honorable
Mar 5, 2014
no he said it is fine. he was just recommending you go for a z series MOBO but you don't need to. get a h series seeing as you wont be overclocking. don't get that PSU get a corsair 650W enthusiast. also get a memory with a cas latency of 9 not 11. i hope that clarifies :)

gbakmars

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hi, I was reading you question about gaming and video rendering. I so often have wished that there was a way to bring people needing and people not needing to come together and help each other without the anxiety related to trust or the fear of getting taken on the more well known selling sites. I am getting rid of everything you need. It is all new and warrantied and the thought of paying someone a % when the savings could be passed directly to the person in need drives me nuts. I was in the process of building a couple of 'powerhouse" machines and have had to make some big cuts due to medical issues. One build was the New Revision of the Asus X79 Deluxe with the new Intel 4930K, 32 GB of Corsair 2133 C9 1.5 volt Platinum memory, an Evga GTX 780, an Areca 1882 Rev 3.0 Raid card to Raid 4 Cheetahs for 2.4TB of ridiculously fast rendering potential, Asus Xonar Essence XT, Corsair AX PRO Gold 1200W and my combo price would drop your jaw! I also am unloading a Z87 Asus WS with a Xeon E3 1275 V3, 32 GB Platinum 1866C9 1.5 volts, another Evga 780, another Asus sound card, same power supply and H110i coolers on both. Samsung Pro SSD's on both. It just drives me nuts that there isn't a "SAFE HOME" where one person helps another and both walk in and out with trust and confidence. I think that is what the Newspaper used to be for! Everything I am giving up is brand new, under warranty, and I know someone would be blessed by it and I would much rather make less and know someone was helped, than risk making more and it is every man for himself.

Your build is a good place to start, but I do believe you need more memory. Quite a bit more if you are rendering. Also I would encourage you to beef up your PSU as that will be your backbone for many builds if you do it right the first time. 550 W is likely not going to take you the distance. If you don't want to overclock than why not get a better CPU for less money and buy a Xeon. They are made to run and run and offer more options and remove the options you don't necessarily need. For example the Xeon E3 1230 V3 is in the $240 ball park and it is more for less than you 4770K. It will draw less power as it doesn't have graphic/video but you have a video card. By the way on the Xeon's if it ends in a 5 it has video/graphic and if it ends in a 0 it won't have that feature but draws less power. Although you can't as easily overclock the 4770 without the K, that is not to say that you can't get more out of your CPU and safely. Today's good MB's have software to take care of all of that and even without an unlocked multiplier you can up your cpu speed. Also it helps to get more out of your cpu if you up your memory speed. All the best to you. Wish we lived next door to each other!! GB

azkarthur

Honorable
Jan 19, 2014

thanks man. I've decided to make it like this:

Processor : Xeon e3 1230 v3
Mainboard: asrock H87 performance
Hardisk : hitachi 1TB sata3
Memory (Ram) : Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8 (2 X 4GB)
Graphic (VGA) : geforce gtx 770
Casing : CMSTORM Scout II Gun metal
power supply: 600 superflower
PCI-E wireless 300Mbps

do you think thats enough?

gbakmars

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

gbakmars

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hi There, I looked at your new line up : Processor : Xeon e3 1230 v3- Good choice as it is basically a 4770K without the unlocked multiplier and no video. If you want video on a Xeon it has to end in a 5, Example E3 1245 V3
Mainboard: asrock H87 performance I haven't used this company. I have stuck with Asus.
Hardisk : hitachi 1TB sata3 What is your RPM and warranty?
Memory (Ram) : Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8 (2 X 4GB) This would be my biggest concern and if you can get into 8GB memory sticks you will leave room for big improvements. This is the only concern I would have for you and that is that 8GB of memory isn't much these days, especially with Video Rendering.
Graphic (VGA) : geforce gtx 770 Which brand did you get?
Casing : CMSTORM Scout II Gun metal
power supply: 600 superflower I haven't used this company, but if you could get into the 750 watt range I believe you will be glad you did down the road.
PCI-E wireless 300Mbps

If you haven't purchased everything, I have pretty much all of the types of items you are buying. Everything I am selling is New as I had to cancel to builds. I don't know what pricing you were looking at. If you haven't spent the money yet and want to share what you are paying, I would then be able to let you know if you could get "More for your dollar" from me as I am selling much lower than New even though it is all new. Wish you the best. Feel free to ask any other questions. I have done a great deal of research on anything related to Z87's and X79's. Take Care GB