Question Will this be enough to cool the -- EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 FTW3 Ultra Hydro Copper GAMING

fbm211

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2008
Just got this card and it didn't fit so some changes are to be made as soon as the new smaller RES, Tubing, and fittings get here.The current Bitspower water tank 250 is blocking space needed to fit the Brick heavy 2080. The loop needs to be flushed and the case needs a good cleaning so now is a good as time as any to do that and redo the loop.
So I ordered a Barrow 135mm res. I also have the Alphacool NexXxoS ST360 RAD with 3 Noctua NF F12 pwm fans. I am going to add the RAD from a Swiftech H220and its Helix fans I had sitting in the closet to the loop just to be safe. (Not sure if the alphacool slim Rad can handle Overclocked CPU and 2080 both.)
Cpu is a 3770k on a Sniper3 mobo in a HAF X case.
A few questions. Are the Noctua Fans better at pushing or pulling? I currently have tham pushing down into the case but want to flip them to push or pull up out of the case. ( I used them to push down when I built the loop years ago because it actually helped cool the top 680 card in the old SLI setup.)
I plan to upgrade to the Alphacool XT45 360 in a few months - 16FPI
Are the NF F12s good enough for that RAD?
(The pump I am using is a Aquastream XT ultra btw)

Carl2

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
Sorry but it is a bit hard to answer you're questions since you are speaking of specific components I'm not familiar with. As far as the fans it is a motor and turning it around to change the flow it should deliver as much air. I'm playing around with water cooled Peltiers and am familiar with water loops for the hot and cool sides of the Peltier. Wish you luck you seem to know what you are doing.