[SOLVED] Will this be too much? 2 2080ti's

neverknowu

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2012
Upgrading my workstation build with 2x 2080ti's, non SLI. I'm concerned though that the two cards won't stay cool enough.

Meshify S2, with 3x 120mm front (all Noctua) fans, 2x 140mm top fans, 140mm back, 120mm bottom.
Asus X99 WS-E 3.1
Intel Core i7-5960X 3.0 GHz Extreme Edition w/ Noctua Anti-Stall Knobs Design,SSO2 Bearing 120mm, PWM Case Cooling Fan NF-S12A
PSU EVGA Titanium 1000W
Samsung Pro M.2 in Mobo

I have 2x Titan Xs, blower. I need to update the cards, and want to do 2x 2080ti's. Looking at EVGA, their EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC2 ULTRA GAMING, 11G-P4-2387-KR, 11GB GDDR6, iCX2 & RGB LED

I'd like to have two blower coolers (I think that best?), but Asus is the only company that makes the 2080ti's blower right now and I'd prefer EVGA with their support. The other thing though, is that I will also be putting in a Blackmagic Design Decklink Card x4 and possibly a USB 3.1 type C PCIe card to be compatible with the client drives I've been receiving.

Would it be better for me to get 2x EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 GAMING, 08G-P4-2080-KR, 8GB GDDR6, RGB LED thats blower style and possibly not as hot as the 2080ti (I don't know this for a fact, I'm assuming the ti runs hotter)? Is my cooling enough for having 2 gpu's and 2 more cards in the mobo?

This is for running a Davinci Resolve vfx for working with 4k and 5k video files. Running non-sli and 2x cards is best. Also, I occasionally bring this computer to a location, so I don't think a liquid cooling solution would be a good one for moving it around.

Solution
ok ti definatley runs hotter plus 2 although you should be fine. you should be fine with other components aswell since ur usin x99-e
oh and probably for the best to get 2080 ti's as much much better performance than 2080 and can get you down to second on just about anything to do with editing so go with those as long as ur going with noctua cooling fans as the sides fans then you should be good to go also meshify case is such a good case 4 airflow u should be settled to go good luck editing and hoped i helped just a little at least
Mar 9, 2019
ok ti definatley runs hotter plus 2 although you should be fine. you should be fine with other components aswell since ur usin x99-e
oh and probably for the best to get 2080 ti's as much much better performance than 2080 and can get you down to second on just about anything to do with editing so go with those as long as ur going with noctua cooling fans as the sides fans then you should be good to go also meshify case is such a good case 4 airflow u should be settled to go good luck editing and hoped i helped just a little at least

Solution

neverknowu

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2012
I called EVGA sales as well. They said cooling should be fine. The top car will obviously be hotter, but it should not throttle down. Just wanted to get some opinions from people on here that know more than I do!

Only thing I would point out is be careful of the distance between the 2080 tis and the other cards. You should really have at least 1/2” space for the gpu fans to take in air, or roughly one card slot. More space if you can swing it. Some of the exhaust will escape from the bottom of the cards and wash hot air over the mobo, but as said before the meshify s2 is definitely high on the list of best airflow cases due to the full mesh front and lots of air passing through the case will carry away the heat. Actually you can cut 4c more off temps by removing the front filter if you’re in a low dust environment and you clean your pc often.

Reactions: neverknowu
Mar 9, 2019
Only thing I would point out is be careful of the distance between the 2080 tis and the other cards. You should really have at least 1/2” space for the gpu fans to take in air, or roughly one card slot. More space if you can swing it. Some of the exhaust will escape from the bottom of the cards and wash hot air over the mobo, but as said before the meshify s2 is definitely high on the list of best airflow cases due to the full mesh front and lots of air passing through the case will carry away the heat. Actually you can cut 4c more off temps by removing the front filter if you’re in a low dust environment and you clean your pc often.
i checked his mobo and the gpu the spacing should be fine

neverknowu

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2012

That's great to know, to be aware of. Thank you!