Will this build be enough for medium tasking/games?

Cyrklon3

Prominent
Jun 4, 2017
In my country, things are bad. I was planning to make a new rig for years, but with the economics now, I tought of something more viable.
Considering I don't have the money to buy a new monitor too, I'll play on my old one (900p) for quite some time. What I need from you guys, is an advice for building something that'll last for this year/the next year

So, my kind of build goes like:
- GTX 1050ti 4gb
- i5 7400 3.0ghz
- 8gb ram (with an option to upgrade it with one more ram stick)

Will it be enough to play some games on 900p at medium-high? Will it last for at least one year? Do you guys have somekind of recomendation to make?

Solution
Well, now you have to look at the rest of the setup. Look for some of the affordable B250(Intel) or B350(Ryzen) board and 8gb RAM kit. Even a A320 board can be enough for Ryzen. They are cheaper but the flip side is, you cannot overclock the cpu. For Intel DDR4 2400 is max you can play with. But for Ryzen, the higher the better. DDR4 3000 above should be ideal for better performance.
Make an estimation of these and then we can get through the rest depending on the rest of the budget you are left with.

lakimens

Honorable
Well, I wouldn't say 2-3 years with a 1050Ti, however if you went with an RX580 or GTX 1060(6GB), I would say that could last more time.
Also, there's Ryzen CPU's that are better than that at the same price 1500X(4C/8T) or 1600(6C/12T), both come with coolers and can be overclocked on the cheaper B350 platform.
I also suggest you go with a 4 slot motherboard and a dual-channel kit(2x4GB).
What PSU are you gonna be buying?
Yes, even the one you have in your OP will play most games at medium to high settings at 1080P.

What is your budget?

Cyrklon3

Prominent
Jun 4, 2017

Can't find the R5 1500x around here, that's the problem. :/
Converting BRL to $, I have around 942.79$. But any hardware here is a lot more expensive than in US

Going for a 600w PSU, I think. I would like to guarantee at least this

Cyrklon3

Prominent
Jun 4, 2017

yeah! I got these two
http://www.pichau.com.br/hardware/processadores
http://hausohq.com.br/hauso/index.php?route=product/category&path=97

If you wish, I can convert the prices for you guys. Just say it! In the menu of both sites, "placas de vídeo"= GPUs, "processadores"=CPUs

And I'm sorry, lakimens, I hadn't answered all of your questions in your first reply! I edited my first reply to you

Cyrklon3

Prominent
Jun 4, 2017

Mercadolivre is a little expensive, as people tend to exaggerate in prices without reason (good way to get the normal folk paying more for products). Mostly, "Pichau" is the one to get hardware. And, indeed, Ryzen has not fully reached our stinky hands. We just have the R5 1400 and the top line ones, I think

Well, now you have to look at the rest of the setup. Look for some of the affordable B250(Intel) or B350(Ryzen) board and 8gb RAM kit. Even a A320 board can be enough for Ryzen. They are cheaper but the flip side is, you cannot overclock the cpu. For Intel DDR4 2400 is max you can play with. But for Ryzen, the higher the better. DDR4 3000 above should be ideal for better performance.
Make an estimation of these and then we can get through the rest depending on the rest of the budget you are left with.

Solution

Cyrklon3

Prominent
Jun 4, 2017

Done! this is the full ryzen build, adding the price of a case and a keyboard, both the cheapest I could found, It'll cost R$ 2.192,00, or 666$.
I have now 276$, or R$ 907,00 left for the GPU.

fQwbrOv.png

Cyrklon3

Prominent
Jun 4, 2017

I think there isn't even one third of this product list avaliable in the country, but I'll search into it. Gonna take a time to, but I'll try to find at least one of these PSUs, and for a brazilian dude who've been dreaming and gathering money for five years time isn't such a big thing.

Be answering soon!