[SOLVED] Will this build be good for gaming and recording for YouTube videos?

Dec 31, 2018
This is my current build
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/M2gxmq

I'm sure its well enough for gaming, but I am skeptical in whether that DDR4-2666 memory kit would be fast enough for recording gameplay then editing it, heck let me know if it would even be good for some streaming. The motherboard I have says that it supports up to DDR4-2666 (you can check in the link), so I'm just worried if it might not be good enough, and If it's not then I have no problem upgrading to faster RAM but then would that mean I would have to upgrade the motherboard? Like I'm trying to keep the red and black aesthetic of it so It would suck to change the motherboard for a better one, but have to sacrifice the color, but I guess it's just a good sacrifice for better performance... or I might be wrong I don't know.

Any experts that can help me find a solution to this?

Solution
If you are going for CPU encoding then it depends a lot on the games you are looking to record,a lot of games use a lot of the CPU especially if you let them run beyond their target FPS (of 60 most of the times) if you are going for geforce/shadowplay for encoding then any CPU would be enough to record any game.

Memory speed is the last thing that would limit your streaming.

nicholas70

Reputable
May 15, 2016
The biggest concern I'd have about that build is the systemboard. Make sure you research how much power the VRMs can properly deliver and the max power draw of the cpu under load. If the power delivery falls short of the max power draw of the cpu or even if it equals it, you might want to look around for something that can properly push a bit more power.

If you are going for CPU encoding then it depends a lot on the games you are looking to record,a lot of games use a lot of the CPU especially if you let them run beyond their target FPS (of 60 most of the times) if you are going for geforce/shadowplay for encoding then any CPU would be enough to record any game.

Memory speed is the last thing that would limit your streaming.

Solution