Question Will this build have cooling problems?

Gekiha

Commendable
Dec 21, 2016
Hello! I just built my first PC yesterday, and its working absolutely great so far. The only thing I apparently haven't done much research on is the case, which is a Cooler Master Pro MasterBox 5 RGB. I heard four rgb fans, around 80 dollars, and I was hooked. It got decent reviews, so I figured why not. However, apparently this thing's airflow is quite bad, especially for high-end builds like mine :

Intel i7-9700k
Nvidia RTX 2070 Super (MSI)
MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Thermaltake ToughPower Grand 850W Gold
16 GB RAM
500 SSD, 1TB HDD
Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition

Unfortunately, the store didn't have the 2070 super yet, so they gave me a 1060 to set up my computer and fiddle with it for a few days till the 2070 super arrives, so I cant really find out how high the temps will be until a few days. I have seen a lot of people build this case with 2080s and i7-9900k on pcpartpicker and all, and they claim it's perfect. But a lot are also saying the opposite, especially since this case doesn't support any fans at the top, and the front panel is directly facing three fans, making airflow not that great. Some suggested to take off the front panel while gaming.

Should I be worried? And if I do have to take off the front panel, wont that expose it to dust? Maybe I can make holes in the front panel or something? And if it helps, I'm using the NZXT Cam app which shows that the CPU (in minimal load) to have Temps ranging from 35-42. Sorry I've been a laptop guy for over ten years now...

Thank you!

Hello! I just built my first PC yesterday, and its working absolutely great so far. The only thing I apparently haven't done much research on is the case, which is a Cooler Master Pro MasterBox 5 RGB. I heard four rgb fans, around 80 dollars, and I was hooked. It got decent reviews, so I figured why not. However, apparently this thing's airflow is quite bad, especially for high-end builds like mine :

Intel i7-9700k
Nvidia RTX 2070 Super (MSI)
MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Thermaltake ToughPower Grand 850W Gold
16 GB RAM
500 SSD, 1TB HDD
Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition

Unfortunately, the store didn't have the 2070 super yet, so they gave me a 1060 to set up my computer and fiddle with it for a few days till the 2070 super arrives, so I cant really find out how high the temps will be until a few days. I have seen a lot of people build this case with 2080s and i7-9900k on pcpartpicker and all, and they claim it's perfect. But a lot are also saying the opposite, especially since this case doesn't support any fans at the top, and the front panel is directly facing three fans, making airflow not that great. Some suggested to take off the front panel while gaming.

Should I be worried? And if I do have to take off the front panel, wont that expose it to dust? Maybe I can make holes in the front panel or something? And if it helps, I'm using the NZXT Cam app which shows that the CPU (in minimal load) to have Temps ranging from 35-42. Sorry I've been a laptop guy for over ten years now...

Thank you!
It’ll be fine if you’re that worried get better fans (Not RGB sorry.

j3ster

Reputable
May 23, 2016
for case fans you can try to google for the best and chose accordingly which one you fancy both aesthetics and price.
personally id go with be quiet fans (silent wings) coz i like the way they look.

also your powersupply, you couldve gotten much better for the same price as that tbh and i dont know how well it would power a high end setup like yours.

Gekiha

Commendable
Dec 21, 2016
Anything by Noctua or Be quiet would be my go to answer

Would you suggest I put that in addition to the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition, or replace it? Sorry I'm really new into the whole building PC thing!

for case fans you can try to google for the best and chose accordingly which one you fancy both aesthetics and price.
personally id go with be quiet fans (silent wings) coz i like the way they look.

also your powersupply, you couldve gotten much better for the same price as that tbh and i dont know how well it would power a high end setup like yours.

Same question here; should I take off the CPU cooler I have now (Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition) or add another cooler to the build?

And, honestly I did quite some research on the PSU and it seemed decent. It was Tier B or A on almost all lists, and had rather good reviews. There's several PSU of that kind so, are you sure you're thinking about the same one? Here's my exact model :

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MQU6CWU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_S9yDDbNN0SE4C

Would you suggest I put that in addition to the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition, or replace it? Sorry I'm really new into the whole building PC thing!

Same question here; should I take off the CPU cooler I have now (Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition) or add another cooler to the build?

And, honestly I did quite some research on the PSU and it seemed decent. It was Tier B or A on almost all lists, and had rather good reviews. There's several PSU of that kind so, are you sure you're thinking about the same one? Here's my exact model :

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MQU6CWU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_S9yDDbNN0SE4C
Depends if you wanna OC, from what I know the 9700K is a hot chip but the only coolers that would be worth getting are massive twin tower air coolers that don’t fit with high RAM and certain cases or you can go 240-280mm AIO