Will this build hold its own?

leahy93

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013
Ok so im puttin this pc together. I wont go into extreme detail with the brands and all that but basically heres the system:

Gtx 660 ti
I5 3570k
Z77 express mobo
8 gb ram

How will this system handle modern games and at what settings n fps n such. Also will it easily run a 1920x1200 res monitor? Suggestions are cool too. Thanks guys

Solution
You can max out Battlefield 3 @1080p with that card. Not so much with Crysis 3, but many cards struggle against Crysis 3. What PSU do you have?

It looks good. But the Intel Core i5-4670K (Haswell) is probably only a bit more expensive so do consider that route. Of course, you'll also have to change your motherboard.
You can max out Battlefield 3 @1080p with that card. Not so much with Crysis 3, but many cards struggle against Crysis 3. What PSU do you have?

It looks good. But the Intel Core i5-4670K (Haswell) is probably only a bit more expensive so do consider that route. Of course, you'll also have to change your motherboard.

Solution

RacAtat007

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2012
As long as you're not looking to max everything out it should be ok for med-high settings at 60 fps depending on the game. That resolution can cause a few fps drop from 1920x1080 but nothing that noticeable. If I was going to spend more money anywhere it would be on a GPU but if thats your budget than it will be ok for most games out now. The new games coming out might need to be on low-med settings though

leahy93

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013
Thanks guys. Actually i really dont think i paid too much im actually buying this already together i said i was building it to avoid ppl telling me i should build instead of buy. And along with those things the pc comes with 2 tb hdd and a 120 gb solid state drive and is only like 700 bucks. Pretty nice deal. And ive heard the i5 3570k is just about as much as gaming will ever need at this point so spending even a little more on another one is kinda pointless i think but thanks anyway.

RacAtat007

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2012

If your getting all that for $700 then it's decent. Just make sure to check the part quality before buying. Some companies will use sub-standard parts to lower cost but if it all checks out that is a really good deal

leahy93

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013
If your getting all that for $700 then it's decent. Just make sure to check the part quality before buying. Some companies will use sub-standard parts to lower cost but if it all checks out that is a really good deal[/quotemsg]

Thanks for the tip