will this build work? gtx 970

Solution
Very creative thinking on a price vs. performance level. I could not think of a better hardware config myself. Maybe an SSD instead of that HDD? Only thing I'm a bit concerned about is the marginal 500W PSU. Especially, because you're running a superclocked version GPU. Consider going with a 550W or 600W PSU instead.
if you can get a z97 and a k series processor, you'll be slightly better served, than getting an SC 970, get a more normal 970 (it'll perform with 1-2% of the SC) and the k series would give you a somewhere to go through OC, should you need more CPU power. I'd also suggest you should get a better quality PSU, the CX series are not great and you'll regret it in 12 months.

cilliers

Honorable
Jul 13, 2012
Very creative thinking on a price vs. performance level. I could not think of a better hardware config myself. Maybe an SSD instead of that HDD? Only thing I'm a bit concerned about is the marginal 500W PSU. Especially, because you're running a superclocked version GPU. Consider going with a 550W or 600W PSU instead.

Solution