[SOLVED] Will this build work?

Nov 4, 2019
So im building my first ever pc and im kind of on a budget, ive picked out parts but im not too sure if they are all compatible
so:
Mobo: b450 tomahawk max
Cpu:(i already have it since a long while) ryzen 7 1700
Gpu: im thinking of buying an rx vega 64 or 56 or maybe an rx5700, Will i have any bottleneck issues?
Memory: trident z 3200mhz 16gb (2x8)
Psu: either EVGA 700br 80 bronze or Corsair tx750m gold, im worried of not having enough power so correct me if theres better choices,
Storage: i was thinking of buying the m.2 samsung evo 970 500gb, i think its enough, i usually play rust and hoi4 on my crap computer and the fast storage would help out a ton, right?
As for the case i went with the Corsair case carbide series Spec-delta RGB tempered ATX, i think it looks sweet and has good airflow, im just worried if my psus are small? Or my motherboard or something else not fit, but im pretty content on buying this case..
This is all, do point out if im missing something i am a noob ofcourse, just for info i am from europe.
Thank you

Solution
You don't have to worry too much about dimensions. ATX parts are all standardized. Simple subtraction will suffice for most things.

ATX chassis will take ATX, Micro ATX (uATX), and MiniITX boards.
Micro ATX chassis will take Micro ATX and Mini ITX
Mini ITX will only take Mini ITX (then you have to start looking at expansion slots to see if GPUs will fit, and length starts to become a concern, many will also require SFX small form factor power supplies, but all of that will be mentioned)

Very large power supplies will often have a length measurement that you can compare with the chassis maximum:

Max GPU Length Allowance 330 mm
Max CPU Cooler Height Allowance 160 mm
Max PSU Length 180 mm

You would have to specify an exact country to...

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
RX5700 would be a fine choice. Not really a possibility of a bottleneck at this level.

Memory and motherboard choice is fine.

Both power supplies are oversized. You could get away with something like 550W and be perfectly fine. CPU at 95W, GPU at 180W, maybe another 100W if we are being pessimistic for the rest of the system and peripherals. So focus on quality over quantity. Gold rating is more than enough for a silent and efficient power supply.

Storage speed for games only really helps with loading times. Very rare for it to have an impact on gameplay beyond that point. Nothing wrong with fast storage, just be aware that you will probably not use much of its bandwidth for everyday use.

Reactions: Sojobo69
Nov 4, 2019
Oh okay, thanks alot
But if you allow me to bother a bit more, what kind of psu would you suggest then for my build? It be wonderful if it was below 100€...
Im not too sure i Understand dimensions anymore, havent been to school for 2 years,,,heh.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
You don't have to worry too much about dimensions. ATX parts are all standardized. Simple subtraction will suffice for most things.

ATX chassis will take ATX, Micro ATX (uATX), and MiniITX boards.
Micro ATX chassis will take Micro ATX and Mini ITX
Mini ITX will only take Mini ITX (then you have to start looking at expansion slots to see if GPUs will fit, and length starts to become a concern, many will also require SFX small form factor power supplies, but all of that will be mentioned)

Very large power supplies will often have a length measurement that you can compare with the chassis maximum:

Max GPU Length Allowance 330 mm
Max CPU Cooler Height Allowance 160 mm
Max PSU Length 180 mm

You would have to specify an exact country to get the best results/pricing, but here is a build using German e-tailers:

You were making good power supply choices in terms of brand. Seasonic, Corsair, Superflower all good choices. EVGA and Corsair both make fairly low end models, but they are still adequate. Basically anything gold or higher from them has to be fairly decent to make that rating. But neither of them make any fire hazards waiting to happen. (Plenty of brands to avoid, but they seem to be slowly dropping off the market place, people are on to them)

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 3 GHz 8-Core Processor (€188.70 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard (€114.12 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory (€103.89 @ Alternate)
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (€110.80 @ Mindfactory)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 8 GB PULSE Video Card (€387.99 @ Mindfactory)
Case: Corsair SPEC-DELTA RGB ATX Mid Tower Case (€69.90 @ Caseking)
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (€84.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Total: €1060.39
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-11-04 22:39 CET+0100

Solution

logainofhades

Titan
As this sounds like a gaming rig, I would get a different SSD, with a better price/GB. The 970 evo is a great drive, but is a waste, on a gaming pc, as games really don't take advantage of its extra performance. With some tweaks, I was able to squeeze in a 5700xt, at basically the same cost, as the build above.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 3 GHz 8-Core Processor (€188.70 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 AORUS ELITE ATX AM4 Motherboard (€99.70 @ Mindfactory)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory (€89.89 @ Alternate)
Storage: Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (€107.30 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB Video Card (€407.99 @ Mindfactory)
Case: Corsair SPEC-DELTA RGB ATX Mid Tower Case (€69.90 @ Caseking)
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (€95.61 @ Mindfactory)
Total: €1059.09
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-11-04 22:53 CET+0100

Reactions: RodroX and Sojobo69
Nov 4, 2019
you’re right about the m.2 drive, i had no clue lol, I really appreciate the help, the motherboard actually fits good too since its cheaper than the tomahawk here.