Will this build work?

Cerox

Honorable
Jan 16, 2013
Hello.
I've never built pc by myself, i have zero experience and knowledge about building pc. So i just wanted to make sure, will my build even gonna work? PC is mostly for gaming.

Motherboard: ASRock Socket 1155 Z77 PRO3
CPU: Intel Core i5 3570 3,4GHz 6MB
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce 600 Series GTX 660 2GB OC
Memory: Kingston DDR3 soDIMM PC3-12800 1600MHz 8GB CL11
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 6Gb/s
PSU: Corsair CMPSU-500CXV2EU 500W
Case: Gigabyte GZ-KXA Black

Now some dumb questions:
Does this build get enough power from power supply?
Will it be cooled enough or do i need somekind of extra cooling?
And now the dumbest of all, will it even fit in my pc case?

Thanks for your time.

- Yes, that 500W Corsair should be fine unless you plan to do some heavy overclocking. My guess is not.
- As long as you have an exhaust fan it should be good. Your PSU will also help as it is at the top of the case. The 80mm fan that comes with that case is not optimal, but should be fine if you don't start overclocking things and generating a ton of hear. Optimally a 120MM exhaust fan would be good. there are much better cases out there.
- Yes the ATX motherboard will fit in that case as it supports ATX size motherboards.

I do have a questions. you list so-DIMM RAM, that is memory for laptops. you need standard DDR3 DIMMs. Maybe that was a type-o

admbautista

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012
1. Yes your psu is enough. for that build.
2. I would suggest to change that board to a h77 board, an atx board(asrock h77 pro4 mvp) or matx(asrock h77m) board will do, since your not overclocking with your choice of cpu. It will save you more money with same performance.
3. There would be no problem for cooling.
4. With the money you saved with the board, you have an option of upgrading the video card if you want.
5. so-DIMM RAM? get DIMM only.
6. If you want to save more money, you can change that cpu to 3470. big price difference than small performance difference. Won't hurt your build.

JKatwyopc

Distinguished
Here's a better build that would suit your needs well.

The Radeon HD 7870 Ghz Edition will perform similar to a GTX 660 and costs slightly less.

SoDimms will not work in that motherboard so I fixed that and the ones I included are faster anyway.

The i5 3570 is more than you need since you're not overclocking, the i5 3470 is plenty and saves quite a bit of cash.

You won't need any extra cooling since you aren't overclocking.

I couldn't find that case you listed so I used an Antec Three Hundred two instead. Personally, I like the Antec case better.

You didn't list an Optical drive so I added one in for you.

The PSU you selected is a good choice for that build so I just copied that in.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($149.99 @ Microcenter)
Motherboard: ASRock H77M Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Mushkin Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($35.57 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($64.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB Video Card ($194.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Antec Three Hundred Two ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.71 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($51.98 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224BB/RSBS DVD/CD Writer ($19.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $647.21
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-01-16 23:40 EST-0500)