Question Will this card work with my motherboard?

kanewolf

Titan
Does

TP-Link WiFi 6E AXE5400 PCIe WiFi Card for Desktop PC​

work with

ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A​

?
It should. You might have driver issues with the existing WIFI hardware.
What is wrong with the WIFI on the motherboard?

Bluetooth does not extend to a next room with wall. Will this card help?

Bluetooth was not origially designed to go between walls, it's a PAN(Personal Area Network) designed for headphone, mice and personal devices.

However I think bluetooth 5.0+ expands the range, bandwidth and power limits because people were using them differently than originally designed. If your client device is also bluetooth 5.0 or higher, than yes maybe it could increase the range. If your client device is bluetooth 4.2 or lower, then no it won't increase the range.

When you plug this card in, make sure you also connect it to your motherboards USB header for bluetooth to work.

Read the manual for your motherboard and see if there's an open USB 2.0 header not being used. I'm assuming your case is tempered glass on the side so you can see. That's where you'll plug in the usb cable of the card, pay attention to the pin that's filled in, so you'll orient the connector correctly onto the header. https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...WEB.pdf?model=ROG STRIX Z690-A GAMING WIFI D4

It looks like the card is PCIe x1 from the pictures, but I'm not positive on that. If it's x1, then you'll plug it into the x1 port between the coin cell battery with the ROG logo on it and the lower M.2 heatsink where it says "dual M.2". On page 1.2 of the manual, this is labeled as number 3 (PCIe x1 G3).

You'll need to remove the bracket which covers the expansion slot in the case. Then place the card in that expansion slot and push it into the PCe x1 G3 slot of the motherboard. Then 1 screw will hold the card in place.
If your video card is too thick, taking over 3 slots. Then you'll need to use the lowest PCe x16 connector at the bottom of the motherboard. Don't worry, the slot is much longer, but the card will fit and work just fine in the large slot.

Latest posts