Pizza PowerXYZ

Commendable
Apr 28, 2019
Solution
???

WTH kind of response was that...
They advertise support for reference and SOME non-reference cards, but don't bother to test WHICH? :pfff:

I say try it out - as long as you will still have the option to return it, otherwise, skip it.
It 3ill probably work anyway, even if it doesnt, I have a drill ready
I also just overlapped 2 images and the mosfets and screwholes line up perfectly (even though the mosfets seem to be 3mm to the left)

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
All cards no sold by Nvidia are custom PCB using the same reference design. Shouldn’t be an issue.
That's not true. Some AIB models do use the reference PCB design. For example: http://gpu.watercool.de/WATERCOOL_HEATKILLER_GPU_Compatibility.pdf

The card I have is the MSI RTX 2070 GAMING Z
Link to Amazon here: https://www.amazon.com/MSI-RTX-2070-Architecture-8G/dp/B07J4VJX6L
I would like to know if I could watercool this card via the kraken g12.
The card says it uses a custom pcb but I dont know if it will still work. Here's an image if you need it.
https://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/games/PC/guru3d/img-cache/msi-rtx-2070-gaming-z-pcb-back-guru3d.jpg
I would really like to watercool this card.
I think your best bet is to contact NZXT customer service.

Reactions: WildCard999
I have a g12 on a 1080ti. It only attaches to the 4 screw holes around the GPU processor which is standard size for all GPUs that are 10 or 20 series. The PCB being reference or not doesn’t affect the hole layout, but feel free to contact customer service to hear them tell you it will work fine.

Pizza PowerXYZ

Commendable
Apr 28, 2019
I have a g12 on a 1080ti. It only attaches to the 4 screw holes around the GPU processor which is standard size for all GPUs that are 10 or 20 series. The PCB being reference or not doesn’t affect the hole layout, but feel free to contact customer service to hear them tell you it will work fine.
Very ve good to know, thanks, I will make sure my GPU will benefit from this and be useful

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Yes, to reinforce the 'all GPUs not sold by Nvidia...' comment.

Some boards are Nvidia reference PCB...meaning they are exactly same component layout as Nvidia designed.

For example, most EVGA cards are Nvidia reference PCB.

Some boards are non-reference PCB, those cards require specific blocks or aftermarket cooling solutions to ensure they fit the cards in question and do not interfere with components on the PCB.

For example, many of ASUS and MSI cards differ from reference PCB.

Pizza PowerXYZ

Commendable
Apr 28, 2019
Yes, to reinforce the 'all GPUs not sold by Nvidia...' comment.

Some boards are Nvidia reference PCB...meaning they are exactly same component layout as Nvidia designed.

For example, most EVGA cards are Nvidia reference PCB.

Some boards are non-reference PCB, those cards require specific blocks or aftermarket cooling solutions to ensure they fit the cards in question and do not interfere with components on the PCB.

For example, many of ASUS and MSI cards differ from reference PCB.
Soo doesxthat mean I'll have to buy a waterblock?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Have you tried contacting NZXT yet?

A problem is that NZXT does not specify WHICH non-reference models their G12 supports - which they should've done.
https://www.nzxt.com/products/kraken-g12-white
"Supports both AMD and NVIDIA graphics cards–reference and most non-reference design"
Reference is reference. Non-reference, or custom, is a grey area. It may or may not fit. With the link I posted earlier, that card uses a custom PCB.
Unless you check with NZXT first to be sure, there's no concrete answer unless someone else with that exact same card and a G12 can chime in here.

Pizza PowerXYZ

Commendable
Apr 28, 2019
Have you tried contacting NZXT yet?

A problem is that NZXT does not specify WHICH non-reference models their G12 supports - which they should've done.
https://www.nzxt.com/products/kraken-g12-white
"Supports both AMD and NVIDIA graphics cards–reference and most non-reference design"
Reference is reference. Non-reference, or custom, is a grey area. It may or may not fit. With the link I posted earlier, that card uses a custom PCB.
Unless you check with NZXT first to be sure, there's no concrete answer unless someone else with that exact same card and a G12 can chime in here.
They said they havent tried the nin reference cards

Pizza PowerXYZ

Commendable
Apr 28, 2019
???

WTH kind of response was that...
They advertise support for reference and SOME non-reference cards, but don't bother to test WHICH? :pfff:

I say try it out - as long as you will still have the option to return it, otherwise, skip it.
It 3ill probably work anyway, even if it doesnt, I have a drill ready
I also just overlapped 2 images and the mosfets and screwholes line up perfectly (even though the mosfets seem to be 3mm to the left)

Last edited:
Solution