[SOLVED] will this cause condensation?

smithcut3

Prominent
Jul 1, 2020
i have an intake fan on the back of my pc right next to an ac vent, will the inflow of cold air help cool or cause condensation?

Solution
i have an intake fan on the back of my pc right next to an ac vent, will the inflow of cold air help cool or cause condensation?

Condensation should not be an issue or you have bigger issues.

All the condensate happens at the evaporator down in your furnace. This is where relative humidity is 100%. As the cold air leaves your furnace, the relative humidity drops as the air slightly warms up. (Warmer air holds more water before it starts condensating) As long as you stay below 100% relative humidity then the chance of condensate is minimal.

In fact, one of the primary functions of your AC isn't just to cool the air but to remove humidity which makes the air feel less "sticky"

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Highly unlikely there would be any condensation for this scenario. Even with an A/C unit blowing air directly into the PC, you still would likely not have any condensation...there simply wouldn't be a large enough thermal difference between the PC components and ambient air for the dewpoint to allow moisture collection.

Condensation should not be an issue or you have bigger issues.

All the condensate happens at the evaporator down in your furnace. This is where relative humidity is 100%. As the cold air leaves your furnace, the relative humidity drops as the air slightly warms up. (Warmer air holds more water before it starts condensating) As long as you stay below 100% relative humidity then the chance of condensate is minimal.

In fact, one of the primary functions of your AC isn't just to cool the air but to remove humidity which makes the air feel less "sticky"

Last edited:
Solution