Will this computer work for my son?

mackyman

Honorable
Aug 31, 2013
I have to go in the hospital so I will be putting my first build off for awhile. I wanted to build a gaming computer "myself" for my son but it now seems I won't have the time. God willing when I come home I would like to build myself one.

But my question is where can I buy a computer for my son? The 3 top builders like Digital Storm and Falcon Northwest and Origin PC are very expensive. Costco has one that seems ok but It's made by Ibuypower.and I'm not sure about there reputation. What do you think of this model for gaming.

http://www.costco.com/iBUYPOWER-C-i01-Gaming-Desktop-%7c-Intel-Core-i7-%7c-4GB-Graphics-%7c-Windows-10-.product.100277982.html

It's at Costco.com- item # 1047440 for $1399.00 without the monitor. If you see a better one please let me know. I wanted to build one myself but I just don't have the time right now.

The games my son has been playing on his xbox one are Fallout 4 and Call of Duty Black Ops 3 and The witcher 3. I have been reading everything you guys write and most of you say that a
•4GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 Graphics card should suffice.

The only problem I have buying from Costco is that I really don't know what name parts I am getting. I like Asus or Gigabyte motherboards from all the good reviews I see, but who knows what they are giving me. The same with the brand of power supply.
It also says that the processor is water cooled,but doesn't mention what brand or type.

I guess that's what you get to save some money.

Well, if most of you think it's a descent computer then the last question I have is "what kind of monitor".
If you happen to see one on Costco's website that will work with my graphic's card please tell me. I don't know if G sync is important because I haven't read up on it yet. I just thought a 1080p 27 inch monitor with a 120Hz refresh rate and a 4 millisecond response time would do.
Thanks.

Solution
Nthe computer is fine, as always it's a bit more than u could build it yourself, bit not overly marked up honestly. If it has what it says it's not a bad deal