Question Will this cooler fit?

ju1c3

Honorable
May 7, 2018
I have a Corsair 110R Mid Tower ATX Case and I wanted to upgrade to a be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, BK022 because I got a Ryzen 9 5950x and was wondering if this will fit? Thanks in advance.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
As close as that is, it's very hard to say exactly. While the cooler height isn't in question, often the case clearance Is.

Case manufacturers will often use a standard dimension, when in reality that dimension may include a 'safe' area which can easily be 5mm or more clearance. A metal panel side will often have a different clearance height than a TG, just because of how they are mounted. And that's not including any sound baffle on the metal side.

There's multiple instances of cases claiming 155mm of clearance, and ppl using a 160mm tall CM Hyper212, with about 1mm to spare.

Generally ppl go by the stats as presented, drawing a hard line at yes or no depending on the numbers, but that's also a safe bet. With just 3mm disparity, there's a chance it will fit, just as there's a chance it won't. But it is TG, so should not be forced or touching enough to possibly cause scratches in the glass or you'll find out the hard way about the downsides to TG.

ju1c3

Honorable
May 7, 2018
As close as that is, it's very hard to say exactly. While the cooler height isn't in question, often the case clearance Is.

Case manufacturers will often use a standard dimension, when in reality that dimension may include a 'safe' area which can easily be 5mm or more clearance. A metal panel side will often have a different clearance height than a TG, just because of how they are mounted. And that's not including any sound baffle on the metal side.

There's multiple instances of cases claiming 155mm of clearance, and ppl using a 160mm tall CM Hyper212, with about 1mm to spare.

Generally ppl go by the stats as presented, drawing a hard line at yes or no depending on the numbers, but that's also a safe bet. With just 3mm disparity, there's a chance it will fit, just as there's a chance it won't. But it is TG, so should not be forced or touching enough to possibly cause scratches in the glass or you'll find out the hard way about the downsides to TG.
Two things, What is a TG? and also I currently use a Deep Cool AS500 CPU cooler and it basically touches the glass (maybe a few mm away) and I think it's 164mm? I could be wrong though so if the deep rock pro 4 is 160mm it should fit pretty decently.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
TG = Tempered Glass, common usage.
Deepcool AS500 is 164mm tall.
BeQuiet DRP4 is 163mm tall.

If the AS500 fits and does Not touch the glass, the DRP4 will fit and not touch the glass. It's 1mm shorter.

TG isn't flexible, like a metal panel, but the center 'can' flex slightly, which is probably why the case is listed as 160mm clearance. Any sharp pressure without that safety clearance can potentially spike the glass and cause it to shatter. 1 extra mm of clearance is definitely better all around, bigger capacity cooler.

Just be cognizant of ram clearance heights as well with the DRP4 as its also a considerably longer cooler, hanging over ram slots and there's Zero room to raise the fan if needed to clear ram.