Question Will this Corsair RGB setup work?

stuffsneak

Prominent
Aug 20, 2021
I have following setup options:

Please note:

Fans B, C & D are SP120 and all other fans are LL120

J = XD3 RGB pump/reservoir combo

K = XC7 RGB CPU water block

option 1 (Compact):

s1rolmqz8vl71.png

Or

Option 2:

a22c7wex8vl71.png

The fans are in sequence according to their position. So If I want to run any sequential RGB effect, A-B-C- ....- I should be order in iCue. (This is optional though if my current setup can not achieve it then I will leave it)

Planning to daisy chain J & K

Will any of above setup work correctly? I would prefer compact setup if it works.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Are you referring to the RGB connector with a latch/locking mechanism, if so, you should be able to plug both the pump/res and block into the lighting node Pro.

FYI, Corsair just made things messy with all these intermediary connectors. If I were you, I'd ditch Corsair for something simplified as seen on other brands like CoolerMaster, relying on splitters and the RGB/ARGB connector on the motherboard.

stuffsneak

Prominent
Aug 20, 2021
Are you referring to the RGB connector with a latch/locking mechanism, if so, you should be able to plug both the pump/res and block into the lighting node Pro.

FYI, Corsair just made things messy with all these intermediary connectors. If I were you, I'd ditch Corsair for something simplified as seen on other brands like CoolerMaster, relying on splitters and the RGB/ARGB connector on the motherboard.
latch/lock? Yeah I think that is called daisy chaining.. I will be putting the RGB cable coming out from cpu block into the female RGB connector of Pump/Res and then plug the male RGB in to the Commander pro/node pro as shown in above setup images.

Yeah it does get little confusing however considering all these come in with the 3 packs of fans (except the commander) I would just utilize them as all this we need to do only once.

TRENDING THREADS