Will this cpu be compatible with my PC?

fatdude223

Reputable
Jul 10, 2016
Will a Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q9400 2.66GHz work with my pc? I have a Vostro 410 that I hope to upgrade with this processor. Here are my specs:
GPU : GeForce GTX 750 Ti
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7200 @ 2.53Ghz
Memory: 2 GB Ram
Will it be compatible? P.S. Will I need to buy a new heatsink too? Sorry, Im new to pc building.

Solution
they are compatible in the basic sense. It will fit in the board.

That said, just because it fits doesn't mean it will work.

You need to confirm your specific motherboards cpu upgrade compatibility.

There are too many 410s for us to pull this up for you. You'll need to use your specific service tags to bring up your exact build. Or, alternatively - crack open your case and look for some kind of identifying marker on the motherboard itself.

Only once we have a way of knowing what motherboard you have, can we determine what CPUs will work.

fatdude223

Reputable
Jul 10, 2016

Sorry, but I'm extremely confused with your replies. Come again?

they are compatible in the basic sense. It will fit in the board.

That said, just because it fits doesn't mean it will work.

You need to confirm your specific motherboards cpu upgrade compatibility.

There are too many 410s for us to pull this up for you. You'll need to use your specific service tags to bring up your exact build. Or, alternatively - crack open your case and look for some kind of identifying marker on the motherboard itself.

Only once we have a way of knowing what motherboard you have, can we determine what CPUs will work.

Solution

sorry did not fixup my post but for a better understanding of what i was trying to say refer to "greens" post above this one