[SOLVED] Will this CPU cooler fit this M-ATX motherboard?

MimoDX2

Prominent
Oct 3, 2019
So i want to buy a new case and CPU cooler, because my current case is too small for said cooler, and the CPU peaks at disastrously worrying 105 C degrees depending on what i do (Already took care of thermal paste and dust months ago, but this never was enough for the CPU to stay under 80 C under max usage).

I wanted to ask if this cooler, Gammaxx 400:
cooler-para-processador-deepcool-intel-amd-gammaxx-400-silente-120mm-pwm-fan-with-blue-led-light-dp-mch4-gmx400_1582830190_g.jpg

...Would fit in this Micro-ATX Motherboard, H61M-E22/W8:
placa-me-nova-lga1155-ddr3-msi-h61m-e22w8-frete-gratis-D_NQ_NP_799668-MLB29460626810_022019-F.jpg

...Without blocking the Ram sticks or PCI-E slot?
I've seen videos of the same cooler fitting in other M-ATX boards, but this board seems to have the 16x PCI-E slot just a bit too dangerously close for there to be space for both the Cooler and GPU (Which is a RX 570) which would go in the PCI-E slot

Solution
While I can't answer this with certainty, I can tell you that ram obstruction likely won't be a problem since you can adjust the fan placement on the cooler as it is has some degree of flexibility in mounting due to the metal pin "straps" that strap the fan to the cooler by hooking into the fins of the cooler. The cooler itself just doesn't "seem" big enough to obstruct the ram without the "help" of the fan in doing so.

As for the PCI-E slot, the best bet would be to measure the distance between the center of the CPU socket, since I'm guessing the CPU cooler is featuring a 120mm fan, half of 120mm is 60mm so I would hope for 60mm-62mm distance between the center of the CPU and the closest part of the PCI-E socket.

You might be able...

mohfuu

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2012
While I can't answer this with certainty, I can tell you that ram obstruction likely won't be a problem since you can adjust the fan placement on the cooler as it is has some degree of flexibility in mounting due to the metal pin "straps" that strap the fan to the cooler by hooking into the fins of the cooler. The cooler itself just doesn't "seem" big enough to obstruct the ram without the "help" of the fan in doing so.

As for the PCI-E slot, the best bet would be to measure the distance between the center of the CPU socket, since I'm guessing the CPU cooler is featuring a 120mm fan, half of 120mm is 60mm so I would hope for 60mm-62mm distance between the center of the CPU and the closest part of the PCI-E socket.

You might be able to use google measure on your smartphone to estimate it somewhat, though I'm sure this method wouldn't reassure anyone completely.

But that's my advice, take it or leave it.

Solution

MimoDX2

Prominent
Oct 3, 2019

You might be able to use google measure on your smartphone to estimate it somewhat, though I'm sure this method wouldn't reassure anyone completely.

But that's my advice, take it or leave it.
Yeah i figured the RAM clearance is not a problem since you can just put the fan on the opposite side.

I did what you suggested me, and this is more or less the not very exact result:
KgdUQtW.png

So it's very close according to this, but unfortunately it seems the heatsink is wider by 15mm compared to the fan itself, which would mean 7.5mm less clearance for the PCI-E slot, and at this point it already reached the upper blue part of it. If i remember correctly, the GPU also has like a 2mm portion that goes above the PCI-E. It's not looking comfortable, i will do some recalculations but it doesn't look very hopeful.

MimoDX2

Prominent
Oct 3, 2019
Okay, so apparently, the Gammaxx 400 that i was looking at isn't the latest model, the one that seems to have better mounting and is cheaper is the Gammaxx 400 V2. The good thing about this new model is that it's 3mm smaller on the side that could potentially block the PCI-E slot (6mm less wide in general). I think i might just go ahead and buy that, then see what happens, especially because it seems that most good coolers nowadays don't seem to get much less wide than that.