[SOLVED] Will this cpu fan fit?

DeathFlows

Honorable
Feb 21, 2014
Was wondering if this cpu fan i plan on getting will fit in my case.

cpu cooler:Scythe Ninja 5 Air

case:ECLIPSE P300 TEMPERED GLASS

Mobo:
GIGABYTE X570 GAMING X AMD Ryzen 3000 PCIe 4.0 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.2 AMD X570 ATX Motherboard

Solution
It fits into the case (158mm height, 160mm case clearance).

Though you may have ram clearance problems depending on ram modules used.

scythe-ninja5-21.jpg

DeathFlows

Honorable
Feb 21, 2014
It fits into the case (158mm height, 160mm case clearance).

Though you may have ram clearance problems depending on ram modules used.

scythe-ninja5-21.jpg
This is my current ram, you think i will have any issues?
G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000 (PC4 24000) Intel Z370 Platform Desktop Memory Model F4-3000C15D-16GTZB

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Scythe ninja 5 has 55mm of ram clearance at the heatsink. Trident-Z's are 44mm tall.

While memory clearance on the Ninja 5 is improved, it still isn't all that great. While standard memory will fit with no problems, as will taller offerings due to the cutaway fins, the front fan destroys that clearance. Sure, the fan can be moved upward, but then the cooler's height increases as well. As such, even with the improvements, I would recommend sticking with standard-height memory or those with only slightly taller heatsinks, like G.Skill's Trident Z.

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/scythe-ninja-5/5.html

It should work, if barely, the fan will be about touching the window.

But with the case clearance of the p300, any and all 120mm coolers that overhang that ram will have the same issue, 40mm for height of ram compared to heatsink difference + 120mm fan.

You will want a cooler that not only is shorter than 160mm, but doesn't overhang the 2nd ram slot.

I'd suggest the Scythe Fuma 2 instead. It's offset towards the rear and uses a 15mm fan in front, so the fan actually sits behind the ram, not on top.

DeathFlows

Honorable
Feb 21, 2014
Scythe ninja 5 has 55mm of ram clearance at the heatsink. Trident-Z's are 44mm tall.

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/scythe-ninja-5/5.html

It should work, if barely, the fan will be about touching the window.

But with the case clearance of the p300, any and all 120mm coolers that overhang that ram will have the same issue, 40mm for height of ram compared to heatsink difference + 120mm fan.

You will want a cooler that not only is shorter than 160mm, but doesn't overhang the 2nd ram slot.

I'd suggest the Scythe Fuma 2 instead. It's offset towards the rear and uses a 15mm fan in front, so the fan actually sits behind the ram, not on top.
https://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Maste...ooler+master+cpu+cooler&qid=1591157428&sr=8-2
darn can't find one to order, you think this one will be decent? i see some solid reviews

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
No. The ML240L is the 'lite' version, and not for its rgb. It's a downgraded pump, cheaper fans, basically every possible corner cut possible to save a few ¢ per unit. It's better brother the ML240R is considerably better in every way, from quality to performance.

DeathFlows

Honorable
Feb 21, 2014
No. The ML240L is the 'lite' version, and not for its rgb. It's a downgraded pump, cheaper fans, basically every possible corner cut possible to save a few ¢ per unit. It's better brother the ML240R is considerably better in every way, from quality to performance.
what about the Corsair ICUE H100I RGB PRO XT?