[SOLVED] Will this CPU work in this motherboard?

Jan 15, 2021
Currently, I have a micro star model ms-7501 motherboard with AMD Phenom tm II X4 965 CPU in it with GTX 1050 Ti 4GB.

That CPU give's me a big Bottleneck and I want to upgrade to
AMD Eight-Core FX 8300 (10% Bottleneck) (https://www.manualslib.com/products/Msi-Ms-7501-9777505.html)

Will it fit in the Socket? (I am posting this because i do not want to risk it.)

If it doesn't fit, what do you recommend under 70€

Solution
M S-7501 is socket AM2+
FX-8300 is socket AM3 therefore no upgrade possible to FX without changing Motherboard.

Socket AM3 processors are able to run on Socket AM2 and AM2+ motherboards with appropriate bios updates, but not vice-versa. AM3 processors have a new memory controller supporting both DDR2 and DDR3 SDRAM, allowing backwards compatibility with AM2 and AM2+ motherboards.

No solution I can see for your budget.
M S-7501 is socket AM2+
FX-8300 is socket AM3 therefore no upgrade possible to FX without changing Motherboard.

Socket AM3 processors are able to run on Socket AM2 and AM2+ motherboards with appropriate bios updates, but not vice-versa. AM3 processors have a new memory controller supporting both DDR2 and DDR3 SDRAM, allowing backwards compatibility with AM2 and AM2+ motherboards.

No solution I can see for your budget.

Reactions: Skelac
Solution

TRENDING THREADS