[SOLVED] Will this create bottleneck?

Muhammad Jahid

Commendable
Jun 4, 2020
I want to use 2 sticks of 4gb ram(2400Mhz) in my pc and I am using sata III SSD(128 GB),

By my calculation,
The ram speed around=(2400x 2)x 8 = 38400 MB
and The Sata III SSD's speed(maximum)= 550 MB

Will this create bottleneck?

Is it a wise choice to buy 2 sticks because I do not play any games or do any editing?

Solution
I want to use 2 sticks of 4gb ram(2400Mhz) in my pc and I am using sata III SSD(128 GB),

By my calculation,
The ram speed around=(24002)8 = 38400 MB

Is it a wise choice to buy 2 sticks because I do not play any games or do any editing?
In general..I don't think you are going to create much of a bottleneck between memory and an SSD unless something extreme was in play....like using very little memory.
I don't see anything wrong with what you are planning to do.
As far as buying two sticks...if your motherboard supports dual channel....two sticks will be faster.

By my calculation,
The ram speed around=(24002)8 = 38400 MB

In general..I don't think you are going to create much of a bottleneck between memory and an SSD unless something extreme was in play....like using very little memory.
I don't see anything wrong with what you are planning to do.
As far as buying two sticks...if your motherboard supports dual channel....two sticks will be faster.

Solution