[SOLVED] Will This Dark Rock 4 CPU Cooler Fit?

nickdaryldee

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013
Hey so I bought the dark rock 4 cpu cooler by bequiet on newegg since it was on sale for a great price ($60 CAD) and im looking to choose the H370 AORUS motherboard by gigabyte but... when I do a motherboard check on bequiets website it gives me a yellow check mark with an exclamation mark instead of the green checkmark. Im aware that the green check means its will fit 100% and the red X means it will not fit at all or not compatible but it gives me a yellow check and exclamation mark meaning I think limited use of ram slots. I'm really settled on getting this H370 board for black friday. I'm also going to be using vengeance lpx 2400 16 gb ram which the ram sticks are a bit smaller than the others in size. Also maybe I could use the second and forth slot for my ram? Any help appreciated.

Solution
usually the Corsair LPX ram modules should fit under the Dark Rock coolers. I using a DARK ROCK PRO 3 and my Corsair Vengeance LPX ram modules fit under it without any problem. I didn't even have to move the front DARK ROCK fan up (which is alwasy an option). But RAM modules with high cooler fins will not fit

mjbn1977

Distinguished
usually the Corsair LPX ram modules should fit under the Dark Rock coolers. I using a DARK ROCK PRO 3 and my Corsair Vengeance LPX ram modules fit under it without any problem. I didn't even have to move the front DARK ROCK fan up (which is alwasy an option). But RAM modules with high cooler fins will not fit

Solution

nickdaryldee

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013

What motherboard?

nickdaryldee

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013

Thanks :). Was also thinking that I can also just use the other ram slots.

mjbn1977

Distinguished
I believe the check marks with the exclamation mark means that you really have to pay attention to the size of the ram and that you might have to move the fan. The Corsair LPX has a super low profile heat spreader. I really believe you will be fine (but no 100% guarantee).