Will this fit? (Asus Striker Exreme)

Wishjuh

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2006
Hi!

I have a question... hopefully someone can reply who has the same kind of configuration...

I now have the:
- Asus Striker Extreme
- XFX 8800GTX
- Creative X-Fi Fatality Pro (pci)
I have no other cards in the PCI-E or PCI ports.

I want to buy a 2nd XFX 8800GTX soon... so they can run in SLI configuration.

My question is... will this fit?
It's hard for me to calculate if it will fit..
The 8800 is very wide card.. so in the current situation, the 8800 takes the space of 2 slots.. so I can't use 1 pci-port now. When I put another 8800 in the pc... it will overlap the pci-port that I now use for my Creative X-Fi.. so that leaves 1 PCI-port left in the middle of the two 8800's. I'm wondering if it will fit... so the way I see it the bridge between the two 8800's will be placed above the audiocard...

Someone?

Thanx!

greetz, Wishjuh

buljash_si_ti

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2007
My buddy has a Striker Extreme and he's got fitted nicely the Sound Blaster between the two 8800gtx.Be sure to have good airflow in the case.

Wishjuh

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2006
My buddy has a Striker Extreme and he's got fitted nicely the Sound Blaster between the two 8800gtx.Be sure to have good airflow in the case.

Ok thx fo the reply. I hope my airflow is ok. I have a different case... My PSU is at the bottom of the PC... and the mainboard is positioned high in the case. So everything is upside-down...

I have 2 big fans... one in the front of the case, sucking fresh air in the case... then, in the same route (same line), you'll find the CPU-cooler (zalman 9700).. and then you'll have the other big fan at teh back of my case, sucking the warm air out of the pc... There's no extra cooler sucking or blowing air around the 8800 gtx area.. I hope it will work...